April 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD..just got chicken pox vaccine

DS just got his chicken pox vaccine today at 2. No fever or rash but he has started coughing. Its now midnight and he is coughing a lot while asleep. He sounds congested. He was crying in his sleeping around 10, poor guy didn't even want to open his eyes. I gave him a dose of Tylenol.

I'm just worried about this coughing. It just came out of nowhere. I can't find any hung online to corolate coughing to a vaccine side effect though. WWYD
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD..just got chicken pox vaccine

• Options
    yeah he seems to be ok today. I called Telehealth and surprisingly they wouldn't talk to me at all unless "the patient" was awake. He was asleep and I didn't want to wake him. Seems like a foolish rule. I could have answered any of their questions without waking him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CanukMam said:
    yeah he seems to be ok today. I called Telehealth and surprisingly they wouldn't talk to me at all unless "the patient" was awake. He was asleep and I didn't want to wake him. Seems like a foolish rule. I could have answered any of their questions without waking him.
    What the heck? Why would it matter if he was awake or not? Did they want to talk to him? ;) "dada...mama" that's what they would've got. Lol I would've been like "ohhh, ohhh he's waking up.... Will you help me now?" 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably because they wanted you to check his temperment and his alertness, etc.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I get that, but he was up like 45 minutes earlier and I could have answered those questions.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, call back and lie then.  I dunno.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've never used it myself but I've heard of this new app called Dr on Demand where you get to video chat live with a dr.
  • Options

I doubt it was the vaccine, probably something else he had in the works before the vaccine.  My kids get coughing colds a lot.  It's no fun.  

Weird he had to be awake.  It's not like they can "see" him anyway.  So if the patient is unconscious, will they refuse to talk to you?  Sorry, I'm annoyed on your behalf.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"