December 2014 Moms
Options

Baby showers

Since my due date is around Christmas I wanted to have it a month or two before my due date. Is that too soon?

Re: Baby showers

• Options
    Nope, that should be fine.
  • Options
    Well considering planning your own shower is tacky, as is asking someone to throw it for you, I wouldn't worry too much. If someone asks you what date works for you because they are offering to throw a shower you can express your concern about having a shower close to the holidays. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due Christmas. My friend and my mom are doing mine but I still get a say on when it is, so I want mine around Halloween because I love Halloween and I'm the mommy :D
  • Options
    I think its custom to have it around 7-8 months but i think anytime is fine. If someone hosts a shower for you, anytime in october or november is great. Gives you time to sort through and figure out what you need. I had mine thrown for my DS when I was 6.5 months and I was happy to have it early!
  • Options
    I'm glad that you asked this question, and that everyone thinks early is fine. Now I have the dilemma to register or not?
  • Options
    Register! I did and everyone i know did. The hostess will usually say where you are registered on the invitation (from every invitation i ever received anyway). It actually makes it easier on guests to know what to get you and what was already purchased. Plus you get to pick out what you need.
  • Options
    I am having mine at the end of Sept. Tried to look at times later and ran into conflicts.
  • Options
    My first shower is Aug 9th as it works better for my entire family and we have family who will be in town that weekend already. I'm not going to lie, I'm excited to have something early. My SIL is hosting another one in the fall at some point in time as well. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited July 2014
    Not too early. We are working out dates due to scheduling conflicts but my first shower will be the first week of October and my MIL is looking at November.

Edit: both are hosted. Just wanted to get that out there.

Test
  • Options
    My moms hosting one of mine at the end of September. It will be on cape cod so were hoping to still have at least ok weather :)
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I am due the 24th and my first shower will be in October and My side of the family will be early November.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options
    edited July 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"