April 2013 Moms
Options

Diaper rash

Ella has been having this sporadic diaper rash that has been coming and going ..we start out in the AM clear and as the day goes on a rash appears that looks blotchy and bumpy patches..they kind of have a dry feeling to them. Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Going on 4 days tomorrow..I don't think anything in her diet has changed..I did switch wipes but after first rash I stopped using them..I used cheaper diapers but I have been for almost 2 weeks before this started..any ideas? If it was a food allergy why is rash just in diaper area? How can u tell difference between regular rash and yeast rash? This is only our 2nd rash ever so it's all new to me basically

Re: Diaper rash

• Options
    arschm02arschm02 member
    edited July 2014
    Will has been like this for about the last month. And his poops have been super mucousy. I'm chalking it up to teeth as his molars are very slowly trying to come through. Yeast is usually spotty. If you have questions about it, try an anti fungal cream and if it gets better, you know it was yeast related.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    Are you putting a diaper cream on at each change? Usually that clears ours up in a day or two. I like the Burt's Bees diaper cream best, or the Honest Co or the Butt Cream in the green tube.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't nomally use diaper creams only as needed.. Obviously now I am though
  • Options
    none5none5 member
    Yeast infection?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Claire has been getting super rashy lately, and I'm chalking it up to the fact that her poops are so god awful. She used to be constipated all the time, but now it's like near blow out each time. I guess "toddler diarrhea" is common. All I know, is that it's nasty, and very tough on her skin. I go through SO MUCH Butt Paste.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Triple Paste diaper creme.  Doesn't stink like Desitin, but is strong, fast, and medicated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mason has this but its above his butt. I put cream on almost every change. But he busy gets it when he is getting a tooth in. Also he has had a lot of messes poops.
  • Options
    She does have a molar coming in so maybe that's it..it was gone this am but it's now back this afternoon
  • Options
    Erin10408 said:
    Claire has been getting super rashy lately, and I'm chalking it up to the fact that her poops are so god awful. She used to be constipated all the time, but now it's like near blow out each time. I guess "toddler diarrhea" is common. All I know, is that it's nasty, and very tough on her skin. I go through SO MUCH Butt Paste.
    I could've wrote this word from word.  EVERY SINGLE DIAPER has been a blowout for the past fours days.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"