Third-Party Reproduction
Options

For those using a GC

For those of you who used or are using a surrogate, did you go to any events like a Baby Expo? I want to go, but feel odd going, like they will throw me out as I'm not the one whose pregnant Anyone else feel like this? TIA!

Re: For those using a GC

• Options
    I live in the middle of corn, so no baby expo here. I totally would have gone though. I figure an expo is just a temporary store and I go into Babies R Us. Plus no one else can tell the difference between a not pregnant woman and a 12 w pregnant woman anyways. I feel the imposter syndrome most at the OB-Gyn office. It is tough some times. I figure it is no one else's business...
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    I didn't go to a Baby Expo. but I went to an infant care class, and many trips to Babies R Us. It does feel awkward, but I was also so excited to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SkadiiSkadii member
    edited July 2014
    I've never been to a baby expo, but I remember how distinctly awkward it was at newborn care class, when we knew we were getting DD2 before we actually adopted her. I just sat there with H, quite comfortable with my flat stomach whilst some of the other women were waddling about, not to mention I was at least ten years older than the next oldest person there. We got a lot of weird looks, and a lot of; "Don't you think you're a bit early on to be at this class?"s and "Wow, you must have lost your baby weight fast!"s. We even got a "This is for parents, not grandparents." from a 19 year old. Luckily, I have thick skin and you know, wasn't hormonal, so I just laughed them all off, but I really don't think they thought about what they were saying. Despite that, it was a really great class, and once everyone found out, or figured out we were adopting, were really supportive, and I've still got a couple of close friends I made in that class. We've got loads of little shops that are like Babies R Us here, and I've never felt awkward in any of them.

I would say, if you want to go, go. No doubt you'll get a few questioning looks, but they don't really matter, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Mentions of children in signature

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'll say it again, YOU LADIES ARE AWESOME!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"