April 2013 Moms
Options

m/c follow-up appointment

So, today I had my doctors appointment with my normal OB following the miscarriages. All went well and I got most of the answers I expected. He offered to do all the recurrent m/c loss tests if I wanted them but he said most often times insurance will not cover them until 3 losses and a lot of people don't even get any answers even with the full work up done. I declined almost all the tests but just wanted to get my progesterone levels checked out. I have a feeling my hormone levels weren't what they should have been at last pregnancy (weird and gross but I've gotten tiny little cold sores on my lips about a week before my BFP with Will and my other pregnancy, induced by hormones and didn't get them last time)... Whether that was the cause of the m/c or simply because the baby wasn't viable, I'll never know. Anyway, progesterone levels came back great! I actually had a feeling they would because my temps post O have been crazy high this week. So yay for that.

Because I already have Will, he seems to think that, A) my uterus wanted to take longer than most and was not ready to support a baby yet or B) I just bad luck twice in a row (he seems to think this was much more likely). Fortunately, my risk of miscarriage only has gone up 5% with having 2 in a row. Not awesome, but better than I thought. 

I've also been taking a baby aspirin and vitamin d. Not only have I read research about both of these helping with miscarriage prevention, but my dad's pancreatic cancer doc recommended my sisters and I take both for prevention purposes (it runs very heavily in my family). My OB said none of these would hurt and I can go ahead and keep taking them. :)

Finally, he said next time around he'll do more early "surveillance" on me. So u/s at around 6.5 weeks, another around 13 and a final one at 20 (of course that's if everything looks good). This was a huge relief to me. I honestly don't know how to be excited next time around and not just fearful. I think the extra u/s will help ease my mind, if only a little bit.

Soooo... I guess I'm back in the game..... Again. Wish me luck!
"As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh

Re: m/c follow-up appointment

• Options
    Good luck my friend and i'm so happy that you're staying positive. Your OB sounds pretty awesome too for doing the early surveillance next time around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    ^^ what knit said! Glad you had a positive appt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 2 miscarriages back to back before I had Claire, and had the recurrent loss testing. The results were all normal, and my doctor chalked it up to horrible luck. Best wishes moving forward!
  • Options
    Glad your appointment went well and you have the go ahead to move forward.  Hoping that the next time it sticks and I would echo what knitfaced says.  See if you can get your hcg & progesterone levels checked immediately.  Multiple times every other day so they can make sure that it looks good and is increasing appropriately.  Good luck girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"