Nurseries and Baby Gear

Anyone find a crib that didn't have veneer?

And didn't cost an arm or a leg?  We are looking for something unique/natural that won't bust the bank and my DH/MIL don't have good feelings towards veneer... personally I'm none the wiser,  thoughts?

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
TTC 11/12
started Metformin 9/13
HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
3/28: beta#1: 108
4/2: beta#2: 799
4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

Re: Anyone find a crib that didn't have veneer?

• Honestly, I suggest not spending tons on a crib...my kids are evil beavers and have gnawed on the crib so it now looks crappy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cyprissa did your crib have veneer coating? I'm assuming because it's so widely used that it's nontoxic?

**siggy warning**

TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13

12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

• Loading the player...
  • Veneer is just a thin layer of higher quality wood applied over a coarser grade. We have the Davinci Emily mini crib and it is made from Pine and mdf.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • IKEA is a good choice!

• I have 2 Graco cribs. The Lauren we have is a natural light wood color. No paint, no veneer. The other one we have is painted white, but again no veneer. Love love love those cribs. Easy to put together, not expensive at all, and sturdy as all get-out. Another place to look is an unfinished furniture store. We got DS's dresser at one. It's solid wood and a beautifully made piece of furniture.
  • edited July 2014
    I got a crib from Baby's Dream all of their furniture is solid wood and very affordable! :) I got mine for 465.00 but it's a convertible crib that goes all the way to a queen size bed!!! A very good and beautiful buy.

• lmlee15lmlee15 member
    edited July 2014
    we ended up selecting a colonial white crib yesterday... hopefully we like it when it gets here haha (: it's a baby appleseed... chelmsford from buy buy baby (with a coupon!)... we only got the crib tho, we already had other pieces for the room that we either purchased or were family hand me downs that we love

**siggy warning**

TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13

• Looks great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We splurged on the crib and organic mattress pad because I wanted Eco-responsible, low-VOC options. Worth it in my opinion. Here is the crib we bought for our first and will use for our second.

https://www.giggle.com/nursery-decor/cribs-beds/giggle-Better-Basics-Harper-Crib/SUNCR,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=nursery-decor-cribs-beds
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"