May 2012 Moms

Need to kick the weight

So after DD was born, I had a few extra pounds I wanted to kick; and for the most part I did but obviously my shape was never the same. NOW I've been going through a lot of stress at work and have relied on an incredibly unhealthy diet to keep me going (office donuts, way too many iced cappuccinos, and an equally unhealthy diet at home for fast "freezer" meals). No I have a whole new set of pounds to lose that I can't blame on baby weight. I am not one for exercise, because to be honest, I have this real aversion to sweat. I hate sweating, it gives me the heebie-jeebies (weird, I know). It took a really long time to accept my new shape post baby and I've made my peace with it, but now I'm feeling insecure all over again! I need to get motivated. How do some of your lose weight? my sister swears by running, which I know would be good for me AND my border collie. I'm making myself try it this week setting a goal of 100 minutes (she said to start tracking in minutes not miles since I'm new to this) and see how it goes.

What do you mommas do to stay in shape? My schedule barely accommodates meals so a gym membership is out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Need to kick the weight

• I worked out at a gym literally 3 times before I found out I was preggers again....I still have 25 lbs of weight I gained with DD that I never lost, so...after this baby is born I will have lunch breaks 3 days a week to try to get skinny again.  I really enjoyed the gym- I felt great when I left.

• I need to loose 5lbs again to be in the I'm ok with it realm and 10 to be super happy but food makes me happy and kids make me stressed so well
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    Whenever I felt like I needed to feel fresher and a little lighter I would switch every drink out with water. Just by switching to water will flush out toxins and eliminate a ton of extra calories that you don't necessarily think about in a day. Just give it a week and see how you feel. That's all the time I needed to feel a difference. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• I don't really drink anything but water. At the most maybe water with a squirt of something like crystal light in it to "switch it up" but I'm not a huge fan of pop or juice or even regular coffee.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• ELF4321ELF4321 member
    edited July 2014
    I hate sweating too, but I can tolerate yoga and pilates because they aren't too bad, and I like that it combines strength, flexibility and balance without being too aerobic.

ETA: I should add that I literally just started exercising last week for the first time since DD was born. I was heavy before and actually lost all of the weight I gained when pregnant, but still need pants a size bigger than before thanks to m0the redistribution of weight at my hips and stomach.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ebl2ebl2 member
    ebl2 said:
    Whenever I felt like I needed to feel fresher and a little lighter I would switch every drink out with water. Just by switching to water will flush out toxins and eliminate a ton of extra calories that you don't necessarily think about in a day. Just give it a week and see how you feel. That's all the time I needed to feel a difference. 
       I don't mean to sound contrary but I always wonder when people say this... what is it you are drinking all day? I drink a ton of water and maybe two cups of coffee a day. Rarely an iced-t with a meal and of course there's some alcohol too once in a while but, do people really drink that much soda/juice whatever to make this a viable weight loss plan? I am overweight and all I drink is water so it kind of pisses me off when people say this. Not saying I am seriously pissed at you but I just can't wrap my head around it. 
    It's not meant to be a weight loss plan. Can you lose a couple pounds over time with this method? Yes, because I have. By no means do I mean a big amount in a short period of time but most of all what it does for me is gets rid of any bloat I may have. If you have a regular soda at lunch and dinner (which, IMO, is not unreasonable) that's about 280 calories and 78 grams of sugar you're consuming and not really thinking about it. I'm someone who doesn't drink nearly enough water in a day. I'll drink maybe one bottle a day. It's not that I'm downing soda and juice the rest of the time, I just don't drink enough of anything in a day. So for me, it does help. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• The best way to lose weight its by counting calories. Exercise is good for you but if you have limited time you're probably only able to burn off two hundred extra calories a day and what's easier, eating better and cutting out those frappuccinos or lurking them in your dietbut running every day? If start by skewering my eating plan and then adding in exercise for good health but not necessarily to burn calories and lose fat. I recommend an online for calorie tracker that's how I lost 30 lbs before my wedding, sometimes eating an apple and not having to go jogging is way more satisfying than eating a Snickers bar.
  • edited July 2014
    Fish if you ready to make a lifestyle change then shoot me an email at dayzchic9 at gmail...  
    Let me be frank...
    (May 2012, March 2013, August 2013)
    that's me...  gained 65lbs while pregnant then lost... 80.  How... no gimic - clean eating and jumpstarting the whole lifestyle change doing the 24 Advocare Challenge.  It is amazing.  That photo is from last August and today I am the exact same weight, but even stronger.  I never realized I had an aversion to gluten til i totally nixed it.  i've lost 15 lbs of bloat and kept it off for as long as i stay faithful to eating right.  i cheat yes.  beer mostly.  i pay for it.  mostly mentally.  but anyways - yeah so throughout m pregnancy and really since high school i've always worked out.  saw my trainer the day before i was induced lol.  throughout the weight loss period i didn't change my working out routine at all, i just made drastic changes to my diet and it flipping worked.
    my husband did it with me and had lost 30 pounds and kept most of it (his weakness is ice cream) off as well.  
    you gotta be in the right mind set and determined to make a difference and i swear it works.
    nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! ...ok well, maybe sam summer, on tap, with a lemon, but that's it!
    if you are at all interested in learning more just shoot me an email.  we work with a certified coach (Liz, Team Fit Mom) and gym owner and she will provide you with a literal spreadsheet meal plan for each and every meal/snack and in between.  it teaches you how to eat correctly to provide your body with fuel.  as you are what you eat.  i could seriously go on and on but i won't bore you.  
    good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions at all!!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"