Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

diaper bag/backpack for twins?

I currently have a 3 y.o. Ds and only carry a few thing for him in my purse. But i am expecting twins and will need a new bag. I was thinking a backpack might be easier then a shouldar bag. Any recommendations? I will be FF so i will need something with room for all the bottles etc as well.
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: diaper bag/backpack for twins?

• Options
    Absolutely go with a back pack. I had a messenger style one at first and returned it after a week. I really like the Jujube-BFF pack but I currently am using the JJ Cole diaper/backpack. I think it's similar in size to the Petunia Pickle Bottom boxy pack. 

If you're doing cloth diapers you will need something larger though. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have an Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag and I'm a huge fan of using backpacks regardless of how many kids you have. Friend of mine uses a fairly large Jansport pack that is not an actual diaper bag at all and she's loving it. After doing a messenger style bag and a tote I can't imagine going back. Both hands free at all times, zipped all the way around so nothing spills out, has tons of room and it's lighter than either one of my previous bags.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    I like the Jujube BFF and Be Right Back.  BRB is bigger which may be better for you. I've been using the BFF for my 2 kids but I'm moving to the BRB when #3 is here. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I don't have twins but had 3U4 and will soon have 4u5 with 3u3... I am getting a small under armour duffle bag. I baby wear so a backpack will only work for the short time LO is on the front... I cloth diaper (and will have 2 in diapers again) plus need items for my bigger girls. DH and I just discussed this last night and agreed the duffle will work best. I will also put spare outfits into ziploc baggies so each child's items are easier to identify rather than having to look through each pair of pants etc.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Options
    I'd keep one to carry with you and leave a bag of extras in the car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am having twins and we are going with  a dad gear backpack (https://www.dadgear.com)  they sell them at BBB and BRU I think as well...  Since I am having boys I don't care that much about the style  I just want practical!  So backpack to be hands free and since my husband will be carrying it as well he liked the dadgear ones...  

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I have almost 2 yo twins. I had the ju ju be bff for awhile but I couldn't get it to work for me...too small. If your a light packer it's good but the brb is slightly bigger and I love it. It's super comfy to wear whereas the bff is awkward to wear backpack style.
  • Options
    I have a Jeep one from Target, and after having several uber-expensive diaper bags, I have to say the Jeep backpack is great. Also, Fisher Price makes a very nice one. I love Fisher Price diaper bags. Oh, and don't turn down any of the breastfeeding stuff they will give you! I have a 2 yo and a 3.5 month old, and we use one of the insulated breast milk bags we got free from our sonogram to carry sippies and/or bottles. We have three of those bags which are meant for keeping pumped milk. They are AWESOME. (And I didn't bf.)
  • Options
    Have a 1 yr old and 4 mo triplets. Use a large vera bradley and love! !

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"