High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Progesterone Suppositories

Hi, ladies! I just got my BFP this weekend after 2 years of TTC #2. I have PCOS, mild endometriosis, hypothyroidism, and low progesterone.

This was my first cycle on the progesterone suppositories, and I feel like I have a lot of discharge with it. Dr. said some is normal, but I feel like I can't be absorbing that much, considering how much seems to be coming out.

I'd love to hear from other ladies that used the suppositories to get a sense of what's normal. I take it right before bed, and notice the discharge for several hours the next morning.

Thanks!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

Re: Progesterone Suppositories

• Options
    I've had two different kinds of progesterone suppositories and with the first one with my son's pregnancy I had ALOT of discharge. It was nasty. This time the suppositories are different (compounded) and they are kind of more oily, but less discharge overall the next day. I think your body probably absorbs what it needs! Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You're getting what you need.  The first time I used suppositories, the second time I used Crinone which was a gel, that was much less messy.  With the suppositories it basically felt like I was on my period, I had to wear a full pad or I would be soaked.  Just make sure you're putting them in once you're in bed for the night so gravity can work with you.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! My progesterone was tested yesterday, and level is OK, so I must be absorbing some!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Options
    Yep.  Its gross.  I wore panty liners the whole time.  But its normal.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    The suppositories are compounded with ingredients other than just progesterone. You are probably leaking the inactive ingredients.
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• Options
    IhopeIhope member
    This is normal. I was on them for 11 weeks and I wore a pad every day for all the disgusting discharge
  • Options

Hi there!  I also have PCOS, Hypothyroidism and low progesterone.  This is my first pregnancy.  My number was 8.71 when I was checked at 5 weeks and I asked for supplements.  I am taking the pill form.  When I first started taking them I was downing them like 3-4 a day just to give myself a jump start.  I went form 8.71 to 15.7 in a week... so, that made me feel better.  I haven't been tested in awhile but I am still taking the pills once a day. 

I also found out I have a small sub chronic hematoma, so I'm hoping the progesterone has been helping that...but who knows. :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"