Birthday Parties
Options

Should I skip the party?

rmbrjryrmbrjry member
edited July 2014 in Birthday Parties
DD#1 will be turning 2 on 11/6 and my due date for DD#2 is 10/31. We did a tiny party for DD#1 last year when she turned 1 because we moved to a new state on 11/1 for a new job that started 11/4 and things were just crazy. I had planned to do a slightly bigger party for her this year since we're settled now but because DD#2 will either be here or be arriving shortly, I'm trying to decide what to do. I know that DD#1 is very young and won't remember, but ever since we found out that we were expecting DD#2 I've been thinking about how this is the last year that she won't have to "share" her birthday with her sister. However, since my due date and her birthday are so close together, I'm not sure what to plan, and when. So basically, what would you do?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Should I skip the party? 66 votes

Skip the party altogether
10% 7 votes
Plan another tiny party for just after her birthday
13% 9 votes
Plan another tiny party for a few weeks early
30% 20 votes
Plan a big party for just after her birthday
1% 1 vote
Plan a big party for a few weeks early
33% 22 votes
Do something else
4% 3 votes
I just want to see the results
6% 4 votes

Re: Should I skip the party?

• Options
    I would do something early. My nephew was born on my niece's 3rd birthday and they delayed her party until he was about a month old, but that's because they were also in the process of moving to a bigger house. She didn't care that they moved the party, she still got presents and cake :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    If you want to have a party, have a party.  She won't remember or care that when she was 2, she had her very own party.  Which also means if it's a month early or a month later she won't know the difference.

And if you don't have a party, you can still make her birthday super special/all about her, although it will be harder with a newborn baby
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To me a party for a really young child isn't just about the child, it's about the parents too.  For DD's first birthday I did a fairly large party because I wanted to celebrate all of the milestones we had all been through in that year.  So, I'm in the camp of have as large of a party as you want and can handle planning.  No need to create more stress, a party is supposed to be fun!  I'd definitely plan for before though.  There's no knowing how your labor and delivery are going to go, nor what kind of personality DD#2 will have.  You don't want to plan a post birth party only to find that you're too exhausted to enjoy it because DD#2 won't sleep :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had a fairly big party for dd's second birthday and really it was an opportunity for us to get together with friends. If it wasn't convenient for us we would have had a simple dinner with family only. At this age is do whatever meets your family needs. Good luck!
  • Options
    dufferoodufferoo member
    edited August 2014
    i would skip the party bevause it will probably end up being more stress than it's worth, but instead do something special for your son's bday that he would enjoy even more: a day at the zoo, indoor pool, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"