November 2014 Moms
Options

STM plus who cloth diaper

jillybean7582jillybean7582 member
edited July 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Did any of you use cloth training diapers when potty training? If so what did you use and would you use them again?

We cloth diaper and were planning on just added to our stash before baby girl got here as we figured DS wouldn't be ready to potty train quite yet. However he is starting to show signs of being ready recently so we are thinking it may be better to invest in trainers rather than more diapers. So far I think I am liking the GroVia, SnapEZ, and the Flips the best from the little research I have done online.

I think I want something with side snaps so that when we have poop accidents we have the option to unsnap verse pull down only. And I also want something that will hold in an accident verse leak thru on clothing which is why I think the three brands I listed above will be good options. Two of the three also have the ability to add extra liners for absorbancy which will be good when we are out and about in the begining stages of training I think.

Anyone have any experience with these or any others you would recommended?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: STM plus who cloth diaper

• Options
    We are using trainers. We just have the Blueberry trainers. They hold a little pee, and look like undies. I wanted to go with snaps, but I got these for a good deal. I have heard good things about Super Undies with the snaps, but they are pricey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @pennyandandy‌ I looked at those but I really want a snap option as DS is only 22 months so it might take awhile to fully train and I just don't want to deal with the mess of pulling poopy trainers all the way down his legs. Have not heard of superundies I will have to look them up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What are the pro's of trainer? Is this basically the alternative to pull ups in the sposie world? They're not as good as diapers but not as leak through as underwear? DS isn't ready to potty train yet but I've wondered about this since we cd.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Options
    Yes basically the equivalent of pull ups for cloth diapering mommas from what I have researched.

• Options
    I tried some Best Bottoms cloth training pants but Sweet Pea just treated them like a cloth diaper.  I had more trouble with the trainers because they didn't hold a much and when Sweet Pea had an accident it would run down his legs.  We just went from CD to underwear when the time was right.
  • Options
    We started to use the potty around 12 months because DS spent so much time wanting to be int he bathroom.  I have not gone through to transition to trainers yet because we really aren't training, more just using.  Right now we use a fitted that is pretty elasticy and he can pull it up and down and I can see instantly if he peed or not.  I think when we switch we will go to the blueberry trainers
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"