December 2014 Moms
Options

15 week gender reveal

Has anyone gone to have a gender reveal at 15 weeks told they were having at girl and then were told at their 20 week appointment that it was a boy? I have my 20 week appointment coming up and I'm being a typical first time mom and buying all things pink, but am still concerned that they will tell us its a boy! Any other mommas put there have any words of wisdom?!

Re: 15 week gender reveal

• Options
    Does this happen a lot? I'm worried now haha! Iv bought lots of girls stuff :-S
  • Options
    mc0113mc0113 member
    Even at 20 weeks, it still not 100% - I've read between 85-95% accuracy. So, yes it could happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    On my nephews scan you could very clearly see his bits so fingers crossed they don't appear on the screen in 2 weeks time!! :)
  • Options
    My sister was considered a boy right up until birth... so yeah, anything can happen. FX for ya though. :)
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all the feed back mommas! So far I've kept receipts but I kinda went extreme and bought our car seat for a great price and that may be a non returnable item but all your words of wisdom have me feeling I should be alright !
  • Options
    They told me I was having a boy at my 20 week scan....... Nope, it's a girl! She is 8 now and the most girly girl I've ever met :)
  • Options
    How did you find out the baby's sex at 15 weeks? That would give us insight to how accurate the "prediction" might be.

Test
  • Options
    Oh yes... and welcome to the board. I am on my mobile and it looks like you are new here.

Test
  • Options
    path75path75 member
    I am buying neutral big items for this reason. My nursery theme will also be neutral as well. If this was a materniti21 test I believe it is fairly accurate since it test chromosomes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a local place called mommy visit where they specialize on gender reveals as early as 15 weeks and 3d/4d ultrasound
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Was told at 16w3d via ultrasound that it's a girl. I'm so excited and my mom has already bought dresses, bows, bedding and all things pink! Our anatomy scan is Tuesday and I'm worried they will tell us it's a boy after all this planning! I'd be thrilled with a boy too of course, but it would be a shock!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I am new to the board and am a first time mom ! I figure this is the best place to get pregnancy feedback especially from other mommas!
  • Options
    emilyrmailaemilyrmaila member
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up my full name wasn't cropped out of the photo! Problem has been solved!
  • Options

I went to a local place called mommy visit where they specialize on gender reveals as early as 15 weeks and 3d/4d ultrasound

Umm. .what is their accuracy rate? I have more confidence in the panorama, harmony, etc at that early of a stage.

My understanding from the boards is that 15 weeks might still be a little early.

Test
  • Options
    Their accuracy Is incredible so far they've only had a total of 5 incorrect casees being as baby didn't cooperate for the appointment and they did have mom come back a week later to confirm the correct gender
  • Options
    I think it's pretty accurate...did you see the 3 parallel lines? Anyway, I was told my dd is a girl at 20 weeks and was overjoyed as I always wanted a girl. One week later, I thought to myself this can't be happening, she will probably grow into a boy....so I kept thinking that until my 36 week scan to see if she was positioned correctly. I worried for no reason, dd had a clear 3 lines which means girl. For my second dd, we didn't see 3 lines but there was no protrusion, so while I'm hoping she's still a girl, I haven't settled on the idea just yet. I did buy a few cute girly, ruffle newborn photo stuff lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My elective ultrasound was at 15 weeks 2 days. Offered by my OB's office. I love their ultrasound tech and she told us 100% girl. I could even see myself that it was a girl before she said it. I trust her. My OB also informed me that so far she has never been wrong. I'm not concerned that I'll be the first : )

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Thanks ladies this really is encouraging! Yes we saw the three parallel lines and out little princess even opened her legs spread to the sky to show us nothing was there just always nervous since my own ob hasn't done a scan yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"