December 2014 Moms
Options

When you hear the name...

As for now, until we find out the sex we call little bean, Baby K. We have decided on names and don't get very much good feedback from hardly anyone when we tell them what we have chosen. People ask if we have names picked out and to their suprise I say yes and tell them what they are. Most like the girl name, but almost everyone gives me a puzzled look when I tell them the boys name, then just casually change the subject. It's really rather bothersome after awhile. We are pretty dead set on our names. We have had our boy name picked out since before we even got married. What comes to mind when you hear the names and I don't understand why no one seems interested. Honestly we like the name so much because it's a strong name and super unpopular.
Boy: Kincade Charles
(Charles after my husbands late grandfather)
Girl: Kennedy Rae

Re: When you hear the name...

• Options
    Those are great names! The boy name is very regal...love that. I love the girl name too.
  • Options
    I think it's awesome that you are totally committed to the names you've chosen. We haven't even begun to talk about it, but once we decide I'm totally uninterested in anyone's opinion about it. I think it sucks balls when people give negative feedback about a name you like or want to use. As if they are somehow entitled to inform you that your name "sounds made up" (WTF does that mean anyway!?). I think people should keep their shitty opinions to themselves for a change (says me, who just gave a (completely unsolicited) shitty opinion, LOL).

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1: EDD 8/18/2014 | MMC 1/28/14

BFP #2: EDD 12/29/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm not crazy about Kincade...I think Thomas Kincade. But, I'm not a big fan of different names. If you like it, go for it! It just sounds like a last name to me.

Kennedy is cute. Trendy, but cute. I also hope you are a democrat. It is always weird to me when Republicans pick that name. But, again go for it if you love it!!!
  • Options
    Kincade: food or painting. There is a nice local restaurant with that name and secondly those awful 90s paintings my mom loves

Kennedy: pretty. I've always liked that name.

They aren't bad. I'm not telling anyone until she is here because frankly I don't care for opinions and people love to give them :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options

I happen to like both names. Lots of names actually used to be last names, so having the name Kincade, as in Thomas the painter, shouldn't be a big issue.

Also, you'll find that once you name your baby whatever you decide, they'll start to keep their opinions to themselves. It is your child and so it's your decision as to what you name him/her. Don't let other people sway your decision. They'll learn to love the names or they'll just learn to keep their traps shut!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options

I like both!

Kincade is definitely different, but interesting and to me its not too crazy or weird - just weird enough to be original :) Do you think you will use a nickname like Kin, Ken, or Cade? (just curious because I think those nicknames are kinda cute and different)

• Options
    I appreciate all the positive reinforcement. We like Reagan Ann for a girl as well as Karter James for a boy. Other than those names we haven't even thought of any others because we like those four so much. The first set being our first choice of course.
  • Options
    mcr957mcr957 member
    It's great that you and your hubby have decided on names and if you both love them, then that's all that matters! People may look puzzled when they hear your choice for boy name because it's not very common, but that's part of the reason why you love it. 

I think regardless of any name chosen, you're bound to find someone who may not love it. Don't feel like you need to second guess yourselves or please anyone else. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Options

I like both!

Kincade is definitely different, but interesting and to me its not too crazy or weird - just weird enough to be original :) Do you think you will use a nickname like Kin, Ken, or Cade? (just curious because I think those nicknames are kinda cute and different)

Thank you! We originally liked Cade as a nickname but some friends of ours who just had a boy earlier this year named him Cade so I'm thinking that ones out. I was thinking he might go by KC for short...just his first initials. Kincaid is a long name to not have a nickname. My brother in law named their kid (born in April this year) Lincoln and I can't seem to think of a nickname for him :/
  • Options

I like both!

Thank you! We originally liked Cade as a nickname but some friends of ours who just had a boy earlier this year named him Cade so I'm thinking that ones out. I was thinking he might go by KC for short...just his first initials. Kincaid is a long name to not have a nickname. My brother in law named their kid (born in April this year) Lincoln and I can't seem to think of a nickname for him :/
  • Options
    Love Kincade!!

Kennedy is a bit trendy and popular for my tastes.

I also think it is funny that you like Kennedy and Reagan, at least from a political stand point the 2 are pretty far apart :)

I don't care for Karter, with a "K"
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I like both!

Oooo! KC is a cute nickname! Love it!

Yeah.... Lincoln would be a hard one, youd have to be okay with calling your kid Linc or Lin, which can occasionally sound like the girl's Lynn... I don't think Lincoln is too long of a name though and I actually really like that name. :)

• Options
    What's wrong with Kincade?  Perhaps the spelling; I do think of Kincaid when I hear the name.  Either way me likey :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't like Kincade.  That's probably because I've never heard it.  As long as you have a nickname you're comfortable with, then I see no problem with straying from traditional names.  
  • Options
    I like them.  It has been awhile since I have heard the name Kennedy, but maybe I don't get out much. 

• Options

Kincaid, I'm not sure I've heard of that one, but I like it.

I absolutely love Kennedy. I tried to get DH on board when we were brainstorming names for DD, but it never worked.

I think both choices are great, but in the end, the ONLY opinions that matter are those of you and your spouse. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    BdblZBdblZ member
    i'll just echo what a few others have said - if you and your husband are set on these names, then others' opinions be damned.  

But this is exactly why we are not sharing the names we have chosen.
  • Options
    path75path75 member
    Its your choice and you can't please everyone. Pick names you guys both enjoy in Just Go With It.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited July 2014
    After working as a pediatric nurse for so long, it really takes a lot for me to hate a name. You spelled both names correctly! They are unique but not random objects/animals/phrases! Neither was the name "Ludacris"! So I can't see why people would hate these names. In fact, I like the last name as first feel so I think both are great.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both names really are NMS, but glad to hear if you are dead set on them. If you don't like the reaction why don't you tell people that it will be a surprise and love the name and don't want to hear against it.

I know plenty of ppl who do this. You I get get a raised eyebrow or two after you announce but people quickly forget once there is a baby there.

Test
  • Options
    Kincade is not my style, but if you and your hubby like it, I would certainly say go for it. Like PPs mentioned there will ALWAYS be a handful of people that "think" they have a better name for your child.

• Options

I like both!

Kincade is definitely different. >
    My brother in law named their kid (born in April this year) Lincoln and I can't seem to think of a nickname for him :/

How about Link?! (Come on, where's all my fellow nerds)
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love BOTH of this name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"