Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Things Thursday - Friday Edition

Sorry it's been a few weeks. Life has been a bit busy lately and I wasn't at work the last few Thursdays.

1. Do you and your wife have a similar relationship with each set of grandparents (if applicable)? If different how is the differences handled?

2. World cup: Germany vs Argentina - Who's watching?

3. Summer vacation: traffic has been light lately so I'm assuming it's summer vacation time. Anyone doing something cool?

4. Open

5. Open

Re: 5 Things Thursday - Friday Edition

• Options
    polooo27polooo27 member
    edited July 2014

1. Not really, they both live within 5 miles of us, but the relationships are really different. My wife's parents are really involved and want to do everything. My parent's aren't that involved and seem indifferent to a lot of things, but then my mom will make little comments about not being that involved, but then she won't do anything about it when I give her suggestions.

2. I am, I hope I can anyway

3. The NICU seems to be our vacation spot of choice at the moment. Everyone is really nice at least.

4. Twins were born 6/24. They're still in the NICU and it looks like they still have a couple weeks to go. One of the girls can't seem to get her red blood cell levels up and she may need another blood transfusion if they haven't increased on Monday. The thing that's really keeping them in is that they hold their breath. It's really common in preemies. They have to go 5 days without doing it and whenever they do it the clock starts over. There is an option of sending us home with monitors once they get a little further along. You just have to move them whenever they do it.

5.Did I say anything about our NICU life yet?

• Options

1. Do you and your wife have a similar relationship with each set of grandparents (if applicable)? If different how is the differences handled?

I'd say somewhat similar.  Both are very engaged with us and the kids.  My parents watch the kids 2 days a week, where her parents aren't able due to schedules.  Both live in the area, with hers living a little further away.  I think my wife is still more intimidated by my parents than I am of hers... not that she's scared of them or anything close to that.

2. World cup: Germany vs Argentina - Who's watching?

Not me.  I think I may have watched a total of 10 minutes of World Cup action.  My plate is pretty full and don't really have room to add another sport to it, though my 3 year old is likely going to start playing pee wee soccer here in a month or so.

3. Summer vacation: traffic has been light lately so I'm assuming it's summer vacation time. Anyone doing something cool?

Not currently, but a few weeks ago went on 2 mini vacations, one to Arkansas and one to Chicago.  The Chicago one was cool because it was going to all the places we used to go on family trips when I'd visit my grandparents house in the southern 'burbs of Chicago, so I got to introduce them to some of my childhood memories (though the places have change so much since when I was little).

4.  We finally got below the 200 day mark this week to the vacation I've been planning for a long time... taking the kids to their 1st trip to Disney.  I know a 4 year old and 3 week short of 2 year old will have its ups and downs, but I think they'll love it.

5.  I miss sleep.  I wake up at 5:40 5 days a week, on my days off my 3 YO will wake anywhere from 6:15 to 7:30.  He apparently has been watching too much Frozen because he'll tell us at ungodly hours in the morning "The sun is awake, so I'm awake".  Sigh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Do you and your wife have a similar relationship with each set of grandparents (if applicable)? If different how is the differences handled?  Her mother watches our son during the week so he sees her parents a lot more than mine.  My parents live about an hour away and have very busy schedules like no free weekends for a few weeks to months.   This means that we tend to be more flexible with my parents and our LO is getting old enough that he can enjoy the time with my parents.

2. World cup: Germany vs Argentina - Who's watching? I want Germany to win and it should be easy for them.  I will not watch though.

3. Summer vacation: traffic has been light lately so I'm assuming it's summer vacation time. Anyone doing something cool? Started my vacation today.  Lately I have been having fun getting into trouble on the secondary IF board when they attacked one of the June 2011 gals trying to introduce and then again on the parenting board with my facts versus the liberal BS.

4. Open Need to start to pack for vacation tomorrow.  The drive to get there is only about 1 1/2 and we can't get their before 2 pm so I have time.

5. Open Found out that two people in my group have applied and then either flat out denied other positions within the company or told to wait.  I am hoping that my promotion goes through next month since I could really use the raise that comes along with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I plan to watch the World Cup, but I have a hunch by halftime I'll lose interest.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    I didn't get to watch the world cup either. Swimming sounded more fun. No regrets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"