December 2014 Moms
Options

Baby carrier

S&N062009S&N062009 member
edited July 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I am looking at the Boba Baby Carrier... My friend told me they are made for taller people. I am plus size and my husband is a burly tall guy. I just want to know if anyone has used one and what they think.

Re: Baby carrier

• Options
    I've never tried the Boba but I've heard good things. I'm an Ergo gal myself. I know they are similar, but I don't exactly know the difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options

I'm really interested in the responses. I want to try and carry this baby more. With DS I had a baby bjorn and it was really uncomfortable. This time I'm looking at a baby k'tan - does anyone have any experience with this one?

OP - sorry for adding my question to your post (didn't want to start a new one for the same) :)

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Bobas are really nice- I like that the straps can be crossed. I also have an ergo which I love.

I had a baby k'tan for a little while, but I didn't like it. I prefer more adjustable wraps- Moby for when they are squishy, and I have a huge stash of woven wraps and ring slings for when they are bigger :)

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Options
    I'm attending a baby carrier class at a local hospital this Saturday. I'm happy to share what I learn. You also might want to check into one offered near you?
  • Options
    mc0113mc0113 member
    I don't care for the Boba purely for the fact that it has the thinnest seat of the Boba, Ergo and Tula. I found this comparison to be great and helped me make my decision on the Tula.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm really interested in the responses. I want to try and carry this baby more. With DS I had a baby bjorn and it was really uncomfortable. This time I'm looking at a baby k'tan - does anyone have any experience with this one?

OP - sorry for adding my question to your post (didn't want to start a new one for the same) :)

The Bjorn sucks major balls. I had that in the beginning until I learned about crotch dangling. Plus it killed my back and my kid was only 3 months. I bought the Ergo shortly after and it was the best purchase ever. So much more comfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    I love my Becco Gemini.  I am a petite gal and my husband is a taller guy and we are both able to comfortably use this carrier.

I had a K'tan and never felt like I had DD properly positioned in it.  Guess I just never figured it out, so I didn't really care for it.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love the mei tai carriers. Very easy to use.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I like the Boba. But to new moms, I always recommend a ring sling. They are so easy to use and you can use it when their toddlers too. I like the buckle carriers like the Kinderpack, Ergo, etc.. but I found that carriers like wraps or ring slings are much more comfortable.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    We had an ergo and loved it. FYI, target has them on clearance half price, for $60 in the stores around here (NNJ).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amazon has the camel colored Ergo onsale for $69. I wanted the black but thinking about it more the light colors will be good for outdoors and the heat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"