Postpartum Depression
Options

Didn't know where else to post this.....

I didn't want to post this on my month board.  I'm going to be a FTM this november and although I have fears like most people I just feel so off.  I'm pretty sure this is all hormones.  But before getting pregnant I was someone that didn't care what people thought about me I liked who I was and thought I was born to be different.  But ever since I hate people so much I hate how they judge or if I even try to talk about my feelings with certain things they just blow it off and tell me my feelings will pass or to get over it.  I'm excited to be a mom but there are times where I just don't show that excitment like you are suppose to, like how I see other people.  I mean I understand EVERYONE has to give their unwanted advice especially if they have been pregnant before but I don't feel like I'm sharing in the same experience.  So while physically this pregnancy hasn't been bad for me (which I know i'm completely lucky)  I mean i have the normal symptoms but they don't feel AS bad as what I have seen others express in the past.  Emotionally is realy kicking my ass.  I have an appointment next thursday so i'm very much going to bring up this up and ask if they have any support groups for those not in postpartum yet.

i just feel alone sometimes.........

Thanks for letting me share

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Didn't know where else to post this.....

• Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I felt disconnected during pregnancy, It took a very long time for me to get excited about it. It could have been hormones or my previous losses. I was diagnosed with PPD early at 8 days PP, I now see a social worker every other week and a psychiatrist every other month. I'm glad you are seeing someone, I hope you find the support you are looking for.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Options
    flclflcl member
    I can relate to how you're feeling... When I was pregnant, the last thing I wanted to do was talk to everyone about my pregnancy all the time.  I also didn't show my excitement like most pregnant women I knew.  I recognize that most people were being nice, just asking how I was doing, but some people would just rub me the wrong way.  Their backhanded comments, unsolicited advice and my hormones just weren't mixing well.  I definitely think it's somewhat normal to be easily annoyed and irritated but I think it's a great idea that you're going to talk to your doctor about how you're feeling.  Since I have a history of struggling with depression and anxiety, I already had a therapist that I was checking in with.  It was helpful to be able to vent to her and get strategies on how to deal.  GL.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"