December 2014 Moms
Options

Any other team greeners cave?

I have one of each so I originally wanted to be team green and have that wow moment in the delivery room....then my anatomy scan got scheduled and now all I can do is think about finding out in two weeks. I'm going to do the very original cupcake reveal with just my DH and kids, so we will all find out together and it will still be a surprise instead of "oh yeah - there's a penis!" On the ultrasound.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any other team greeners cave?

• Options
    I really wanna cave, my husband is begging to find out. I probably would cave at my scan in 2 weeks, but he won't be there to pressure me so I think I can get through it!!!
  • Options

I never had any intentions of being team green.  But I do have to say people that stick to it are amazing.  Between my own inablility to wait and other people guessing what I'm having driving me insane, I couldn't wait until day of.  Seriously, I can't handle another theory as to why my child has a penis or a vagina.  Bravo team green ladies!

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was team green right up until this week. I didn't think I cared but omg-I-get-to-know-something-about-my-baby just took over. I am finding out on Monday and I'm so stupid excited about it. I guess because it's the first characteristic about them that I can know and it helps me call them by name. 
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still holding strong as the Team Greener here, we will see how it when we get closer to my a/s next month!!
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We were team green. Then, we lost one of the twins and as an attempt to try and connect to this pregnancy, we are no longer team green. We're hoping that by finding out more and more about our baby, we'll slowly start to believe it is real. Plus, DS says that he NEEDS to know! Not sure what will happen if he doesn't find out, but I don't wanna know!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    mc0113mc0113 member
    We're still Team Green! A/S isn't until August 6th, but I think we'll have no problem waiting it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mcr957mcr957 member
    Still team green! As long as the baby doesn't put on a full show at our a/s next month, then that's how we'll stay. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Options
    bombe4bombe4 member
    I wanted to be team green, however, DH wanted to know. His grandmother, however, wants to be surprised and doesn't want to know baby's sex. I hope nobody in the family slips. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Favorite Teen Crush: Zach Morris

My special Little Lady
  • Options
    I think doing the sex reveal will be cool and give me that "wow" factor in looking for. At least I hope. DH really wants to find out, and he said he wouldn't be able to tell when the baby came out (unfortunately he is right lol). I can tell from first glance at the u/s so I hope I can make it through my anatomy scan without looking and just have the tech write it on a piece of paper for me to bring to a bakery. Then they better bake those effing cupcakes fast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im so on the fence. I was strongly team green, but I feel weird referring to my baby as "he or she". Plus Im a FTM and all of this is so new and exciting! DH really wants to know. My AS is in a week and half, so we'll see. I might cave, depending on my hormones that day, lol.
  • Options
    Team green! I don't want to have any clue as to what the gender is. So much that I've already told my OB not to say anything to DH & I under any circumstances. The anatomy scan isn't for another 3 weeks but I've already checked in and asked how do we go about making sure we done accidentally find out during the scan. The tech is going to tell DH and I to close our eyes when they go through that portion if the scan.
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm going to be the only one left standing, right?

No way! We were team green for DD, and LOVED it, so there is no chance we will cave!

Us too. We waited for our first and it was ABS-FREAKING-LUTLEY worth the wait. We won't cave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Team green here and definitely going to stay that way! Why ruin the only true surprise in life ?!
  • Options
    Still team green. DH wants the surprise and I just don't care. Animal themed er'thang!
    D14 June. Favorite TV Dad(s).image
    12/31/13: BF Proposes
    2/14: First month off OCP, cuz, hey, why not? He put a ring on it.
    3/31/14: POAS: BFP!
    6/21/14: It only looks like a shotgun wedding.
    12/09/14: EDD

Why just plan a wedding when you can plan a baby AND a wedding?
  • Options
    Abeja1226 said:

I think doing the sex reveal will be cool and give me that "wow" factor in looking for. At least I hope. DH really wants to find out, and he said he wouldn't be able to tell when the baby came out (unfortunately he is right lol). I can tell from first glance at the u/s so I hope I can make it through my anatomy scan without looking and just have the tech write it on a piece of paper for me to bring to a bakery. Then they better bake those effing cupcakes fast.

I had an elective ultrasound today to find out. Waiting I pick the cake tomorrow is making me crazy! I keep thinking there are people that know more about my baby than I do and it inside of me!! And it was so hard not to peak today during te scan. 22 more hours and ill know the babies sex. Can't wait!!

Props to anyone on team green! I have zero patience ad couldn't hold out.
  • Options
    Team Green here and we are definitely staying the course.
  • Options
    Team green here, too! Plan to hold strong though I wonder if someone won't slip up along the way and tell us.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Options

I'm going to be the only one left standing, right?

I'm Team Green 4 lyfe! ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We had every intention of being team green, then we found out my hubby is going to be deployed for this birth (he has missed the other two as well) so we found out. Hopefully we will have a chance to be team green at least once before we are done having kids

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm team green for another 6-8 weeks. My doctor doesn't schedule the anatomy until 22-24 weeks.
  • Options
    I had a dream the tech shouted out "it's a girl" during the u/s and I was so pissed. I'm nervous someone will accidentally tell me during the exam! Then in nervous I'll rip open the envelope before the bakery lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"