School-Aged Children
Options

s/o to my lego games- other game recs for kindergartners?

groovygrlgroovygrl member
edited July 2014 in School-Aged Children
I'd like to introduce some more challenging games (not to mention more interesting to play for mom & dad ;) ), beyond chutes & ladders, zingo, candyland, etc.
We already have a few sight word 'games' and we have Spot it & Uno (as well as Uno Moo), and a couple of those 'team' type games by Peaceable Kingdom Press (Race to the Treasure, Stone Soup) but would love recommendations for other good games for bday gifts...
Was thinking maybe Twister, Cranium Hullabaloo, Connect 4...???Is Sequence for Kids any good?

DS can read those level 1-2 books, DD is not really able to read much beyond simple short 3-4 letter words if that matters.

Thanks!

Re: s/o to my lego games- other game recs for kindergartners?

• Options
    ss+elss+el member
    We have Sequence Letters and love it. DS was maybe reading at a Level 1 when he got it and his cousin could not read yet, and neither of them had any trouble with it.
  • Options
    ss+elss+el member
    Right now, his favorite game is Melissa & Doug Suspend. It is one I truly enjoy playing with him.
    Does he play card games yet? DS is also obsessed with Old Maid (the Hello Kitty version from the dollar spot at Target LOL)

btw, he's 5 1/2, gotta get a ticker back in my posts
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At that age my kids liked:

Clue Jr. (which quickly made them want to play the real Clue)
    The Ladybug Game (good for little kids, but also still holds the interest of 5 and 6 y/os)
    Sorry
    Trouble
    Connect 4
    Frog Juice
    Hi Ho Cherry O!
    Apples To Apples Jr. (involves reading)
    Headbandz

I also taught my kids to play a few classic card games at this point: rummy, pitch (a simplified bridge game where you bid and then take tricks/books), 5 card draw poker, solitaire.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"