December 2012 Moms
Options

Has anyone been brave enough to go camping yet this summer?

If so, I'd love some tips and advice. DH and I have a few days off together and were thinking of taking LO on his first camping trip. Can't decide if we're brave or if we've lost our minds. Any experiences or tips would be appreciated. 
photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Has anyone been brave enough to go camping yet this summer?

• Options
    I guess you are the only one brave enough. I don't think it's crazy, but I'm more of a cabin person, not so much a tent person. I'm also 26 weeks pregnant so the timing would be bad for us. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jsoubeljsoubel member
    edited July 2014
    We cabin glamped last year around this time and it went really well.  The fresh air and activity helped LO sleep at night.

p.s. Let us know how it goes!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry I didn't see this before!!! We took dd two weeks ago. I'm sure you remember all of the sleep problems we've had and we were TERRIFIED of how we'd get her down. We really worried for nothing. It was harder to leave her after she fell asleep bc the zipper on the tent was so loud and our friends were being noisey. I was able to get out for about 30 mins but then she woke a flipped out. So I just went back and and stayed for the night.

We were sharing a full blow up mattress and hubby was on his own and we all had our own sleeping bags. I didn't sleep great bc she woke a couple times and at one point I woke up thinking something wasn't right and she had slipped off the mattress lol.

Other than that. And just good info for others that want to try it;

We took her sound machine (batteries). Familiar jammies. Her kitty she sleeps with. And was super patient. During the day we just did usually fun camping stuff. This was all with her cast on too.

It's worth going!!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"