July 2012 Moms
Options

Brunch menu help

Hi ladies!
Dagnys birthday party is Sunday and I'm making brunch. I'm planning on 2 egg casseroles, 2 monkey breads and fruit salad. I'm also thinking of doing cocktail weenies in the crockpot. Plus cake of course. There will be around 35 people but I know not all will eat. Does this sound like enough food? Should I do another appetizer type thing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brunch menu help

• Options
    @ThePinkSuperhero‌ I found a hash brown casserole I can make in the crockpot so I will add that! Thanks :) I never think about potatoes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hijoi said:
    I would try to do one more non breakfast item. I don't know what that would be, but you seem breakfast heavy for brunch.
    Hum. I could maybe make a salad as well? More lunch and also something lighter.

• Options
    emilypc said:

I think it sounds good. I changed my plans and am now doing brunch as well. So far I am planning: egg casserole, bagels and cream cheese, fruit, a spinach and cranberry salad and maybe coffee cake or something like that. Our part of the family is super-healthy, but the rest of our family isn't. We have tried in the past to have more healthy food available, but we are always the only ones that eat it. I'm not wasting my time this year and am just giving them what they will eat (except I'm adding the salad!).

ETA: What is monkey bread??

@emilypc it's a really sweet bread thing. Ha best description I can think of. Here is the recipie.

• Options
    @emilypc it is! You could do that instead of coffee cake :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"