November 2013 Moms
Options

An Island...

I know that I'm dealing with a little bit of PPD, but doesn't anyone else feel stressed out taking care of their LO all the time?  I feel stressed every waking hour.  I never thought that being a mom would be the loneliest job in the world---I literally feel like I'm on an island M-F until my husband gets home.  I find it impossible to connect to other moms in story time hours, etc......I guess other moms have it all together and don't need friends?  Sometimes I just feel like putting my head down and crying because it is SO stressful being a mother---and the two mom friends that I do have are always so busy (and their kids are a little bit older) so I feel like they can't relate to me because my LO is 7 months old.  :(    Anyone share these same sentiments?  

Re: An Island...

• Options
    I sometimes feel the same way. I've taken a few classes in the area and the instructors ALWAYS begin by saying you will make life long friends. And I haven't yet. Are they all meeting up outside of class without me??
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear. I do often get stressed and it can be overwhelming taking care of LOs. Some of that could be PPD in that you may be feeling these things more intensely than some others might. Don't be afraid to talk to someone about what you're going through, I know if helps me. Hugs mama.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sometimes having such a demanding 7 month old makes me feel like I"m going to snap!  It's only 6am and I already feel stressed out.  
  • Options
    Being a SAHM to 2U2 I get those sentiments as well. I get overwhelmed with keeping up with the house, bills, errands, activities for ds1, yard work, laundry, cooking meals 2x a day. DH works a lot so I'm responsible for everything. It helps to treat myself to something I like. I hope you find something that helps you!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all of your feedback!  It is waaaay tougher being a mom than I thought on so many levels!  I feel like I deal with a combination of feelings daily---everything from isolation, loneliness, stress, and sometimes envious of my single gal friends who are kid-less (to have the freedom to do whatever they want/whenever!)....but I know this is a choice my husband and I made--to have this beautiful little boy.  It's just SO tough on a daily or even moment to moment basis.  I wish my other mom friends would tell me that they feel the same way!   :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"