Trouble TTC
Options

IVF?

So the more I read all of these boards I realize that the chances of me conceiving by IUI is very slim. My RE has high hopes but I don't. I really don't want to go the IVF route but I've been going back and forth with it. Just wondering how long does the process take? I terrified to know what's involved as I'm not a good patient. I'm going to discuss it with my RE on Thursday when I go in for bloodwork. If I was younger I would wait it out but at 38 the clock is ticking away.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

Re: IVF?

• Options
    It all depends on your protocol on how long it takes. I did 1 month of bcp and 2 weeks of stims and the ER. I didn't do a fresh transfer because we did genetic testing so I started bcp first of may and have my FET The middle of august. If you do a fresh transfer you are looking at about 2 months start to finish.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    ash_16ash_16 member
    Like pintobean39 said it all depends on your protocol. I started end of June and will hopefully have ER/ET mid August, so about 8 weeks in total. Talk to your RE more and see how you feel.
    ~~*~~ TTC our first little bundle of joy! ~~*~~ Me (25) DH (27) TTC #1 since March 2012 Trying to Conceive Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KT416KT416 member

It depends on your protocol but I started birth control May 20 or so and I have my beta this weekend... so a little less than 2 months for me. Some RE's don't go the BCP route and some people that are on it are on BCP for a mix amount of time.

Here was my protocol/process: BCP for 3 weeks (until pills ran out) and then waited for AF to come. On day 1 of my period I called my clinic and then the next day I went in for an u/s to make sure everything looked good and then started stims that night. I did stims on the longer side (12 days) and then did a trigger shot the next night. 36 hours after trigger I went in for my ER. I did a 5-day transfer so went in for my transfer 5 days after my ER. Beta is 10 days after the ET.

I hope that helps! Good luck with your decision!

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"