October 2014 Moms
Options

HEADACHES

I have heard the headaches are from lack of vitamin b, is it safe to take another vitamin on top of the prenatals (one a day) and DHA pill too. anyone taking extra vitamins for help?

1ST BABY GIRL BORN OCTOBER 22, 2014

STM DUE MAY 16 2016!!

Re: HEADACHES

• Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited July 2014
    I would ask your doctor before beginning any supplementation during pregnancy. :)

Also, if your headache is severe, persists, and a low dose of Tylenol does not improve it, or if you experience any vision changes or upper-right stomach pain, give your OB a call. Persistent headaches can be an early sign of pre-eclampsia.

ETA: While headaches can be because of a lack of something like vitamin B, they're more often caused by dehydration. Make sure you're drinking enough water!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Not sure if it is safe or not, but I still get headaches on top of my prenatal pills, it is just a fun side effect.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told by my my midwife that my headaches are probably hormonal, since I have no other symptoms and am relatively well hydrated. Tylenol doesn't help mine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

• Options
    I had several brain surgeries and regularly receive injections to maintain the pain. Since becoming pregnant, I am not able to receive the injections so my neurologist prescribed a cocktail of vitamins (including B12) used on top of the parental for my headaches and it seems to be working. If you get them often, check with a neurologist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"