January 2014 Moms

Crawling!

bensmommy518bensmommy518 member
edited July 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Where is your LO at in terms of mobility? My first didn't crawl until after he was walking so this is new territory for me. DD is getting up on all fours and rocking and pretty much wanted to be that way all day yesterday and today which makes me think crawling may be just days away.

Crawling! 194 votes

Still a pet rock baby - says where they are put
6% 13 votes
Rolling one way but not both
21% 41 votes
Rolling both ways
39% 76 votes
army crawling but only backwards
5% 11 votes
army crawling forwards
3% 7 votes
up on all fours rocking back and forth
14% 28 votes
crawling all over the place
3% 6 votes
SS - becasue you know I missed something
6% 12 votes

Re: Crawling!

• DS army crawls in a circle. He is also up on all fours and rocking. Last night he picked up a hand and started moving forward but fell when he put it back down.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hadley is an expert crawler now and Jameson is rocking back and forth 

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • So DD can army crawl in a circle and backwards, but not forward yet. She is also getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth.

She STILL resists rolling from belly to back even though I know she can do it. I've witnessed her do it many times, but she simply would rather whine until I do it for her. I now have to supervise her play from the next room because she will lay there and whine for me to pick her up. If I leave her alone, she's perfectly fine. 
  • bnikbnik member
    he has beeng etting up on all fours, but only seems to be traveling backwards. Its cute. He will get there soon though
  • E rolls all over and scoots around some. She's up on all fours rocking as of this weekend.

• km_mdkm_md member
    DD rolls from belly to back, but not the other way around and I wouldn't be surprised if she just skipped it because tummy time isn't her friend. She also will roll and use her legs to push herself around in circles but no forward or backwards crawling.

• Xan84 said:
    He is so close to crawling.  He gets up on all fours all the time and tries so, so hard to move forward.  He has the leg part down, but hasn't realized his arms have to move too - so he goes nowhere and it really frustrates him, LOL.  He doesn't just get up on hands and knees either - he gets up on hands and feet as well, like he's doing the downward dog - but he still can't move forward.

He has just figured out how to get to a sitting position on his own by flopping to the side after getting up on all fours - time to move that crib mattress down!
    This is pretty much my LO. She's been doing this for a few weeks so we're just waiting for her to figure out the arm part and she'll never sit still again!
  • cnctfcnctf member
    DD is like a rock. She rolls from back to tummy, but cant get her arm out so then she just yells. 
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SS. He's rolling both ways and can get up onto his legs but his arm strength isn't very good yet. Also, he's scooting around on his side using his legs to move himself. Not quite an army crawl, but definitely interesting.
  • Xan84 said:

He is so close to crawling.  He gets up on all fours all the time and tries so, so hard to move forward.  He has the leg part down, but hasn't realized his arms have to move too - so he goes nowhere and it really frustrates him, LOL.  He doesn't just get up on hands and knees either - he gets up on hands and feet as well, like he's doing the downward dog - but he still can't move forward.

He has just figured out how to get to a sitting position on his own by flopping to the side after getting up on all fours - time to move that crib mattress down!

Haha, I could have written this exactly about my little guy. He gets so mad that he can't move forward, especially since he sees his sister doing it.

imageimage

• r0zzr0zz member
    Bb girl is doing a sort of modified crawl where she'll scoot her knees under and lunge forward then pick herself up and lunge forward again. She hasn't figured out that she can move one hand at a time for more efficiency.
  • He rolls both ways, spins in circles on his belly, and occasionally scoots.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • my baby isn't even sitting on her own yet. She still hates being on her belly. She Has mastered rolling tummy to back. I think to get off her belly. Little stinker.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"