One & Done: Only child

Dream Travels

What is one place you've always wanted to travel to and haven't yet?

Mine is San Diego :)

I'm asking this after a conversation w/ a friend.. we were talking about my upcoming vacation at the end of the month with H (to celebrate our 10th anniversary and my birthday) and I realized I take the place we're going to for granted!  It's her dream place, and I go almost yearly.. sometimes twice (Niagara Falls, btw). We can drive there in 5 hours.

So what's yours? (international or not).
E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Dream Travels

• EmilyK022 said:
    Her dream is the falls? I feel like I take it for granted as well were maybe in traffic 30 minutes away so yea I'm sure you could imagine that. My dream would be either San Diego or to go to Europe. I'd kill to go to Paris and would really like to go to Poland to try and learn about some of my family
    You take it for granted like me ;)  Since we can go often.   Visiting the Falls is actually a dream of many I've spoken to.  My inlaws are from Holland and when they came to visit, it was definitely their dream to see the falls. They were in awe.  Hence all the crazy tourists from all over the world there!
    E+C
    TTC
  • I love San Diego!  It's probably one of my top 5 favorite vacation spots.

Domestic-- I am dying to go to Graceland.  I have always been fascinated.  It's on my bucket list.

International I would have to say Barcelona.  Not sure if I will ever get there, but a girl can dream.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • London :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3

• Domestic - San Francisco
    BEST PLACE EVER.

H and I went there back in April of 2005, about 4 months before I got pregnant!  It was our first time there, and our first time to CA.  LOVED the city, the people, the food, the sites. I hated the hills haha.. but it made it such a unique place.  We have amazing memories from there and would love to go back.
    E+C
    TTC
  • AgoAgo member

Domestically: Washington, Oregon, California (SF area again).  Florida, East Coast...I dream of travel quite a bit.

Internationally: I want to do one of those vacations in Italy where my husband can do group cycling rides while I shop and learn how to make Italian food.  They have those packages.  Also, we'd like to go see the Tour de France sometime.  I love that it started in England this year.

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Anywhere I haven't been?

I'd really love to visit more cities in Spain (I've been to Madrid and Barcelona)

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Europe! We just haven't had the time or the vacation fund, but one day it WILL happen!!! I just want to sip wine outdoors and people watch.

• I want to go to London badly! I've never been to Europe at all. DH has and promised to take me before we has kids. Then we had IF and all the $ went there. It was obviously worth it, but I want to go one day.

On my domestic travel list, the first city is Seattle. It's supposed to be so beautiful!

• we've done Japan, Vietnam, and Thailand (twice), we go to San Diego pretty frequently, we lived in SF, we did a road trip and marathon to Seattle and in Portland, I love London and Amsterdam, and did our own little Belgium beer tour. I really want to go to Berlin/Germany, Turkey and Croatia, Africa, but most of all, S America. DH and I had just gotten back from our Pacific Northwest road trip when we started planning our next trip to buenos aires and stay in an air bnb for a week or so and then drive or fly to Mendoza (their wine country) to spend a few days there. and maybe Tierra del Fuego in between.
    and then I got pregnant.

I'm starting to daydream about this trip - now that dd is getting older, it might be fun to go down there!
    imageimageimage
  • Chapter79 said:
    EmilyK022 said:
    Her dream is the falls? I feel like I take it for granted as well were maybe in traffic 30 minutes away so yea I'm sure you could imagine that.
    You take it for granted like me ;)  Since we can go often.  Visiting the Falls is actually a dream of many I've spoken to. My inlaws are from Holland and when they came to visit, it was definitely their dream to see the falls. They were in awe.  Hence all the crazy tourists from all over the world there!

That's me and Alaska. Spent 23 years there. So it's amazing how many people have it as their dream trip.

I've been very lucky travel-wise. I spent a big part of my (single!) 20s living frugally and taking trips. But the next place I'd really like to see is Prague and Budapest.
  • meo34meo34 member

Where to start!

Top of the list is Tuscany and staying in a small villa in wine country,

Next would be Hawaii.

Then a tie for Ireland, Paris and Russian.

We are doing a mediterean cruise this year so that will put check markes against a lot of our travel list.

Both myself and DH love to travel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"