October 2014 Moms
Options

~~~ Monday Ticker Change! ~~~

Good Morning Monday Moms & Moms-to-be!

After suffering through my glucose test this morning here we go with a slightly delayed Monday check-in (well delayed for my time :) ):

What size/fruit is baby this week?

Rants/Randoms/Happiness?

How many people are you allowing at the delivery?  At the hospital?  Within the first weeks home?

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ~~~ Monday Ticker Change! ~~~

• Options
    archi35archi35 member
    edited July 2014
    We are a cauliflower today.  Again with the randomness of sizing.  This is reminding me to eat more broccoli though so that's good.

Not much today from me.  As mentioned I did the sugar test today, results in 2-4 days (random Swiss timeline based on laziness).  It was definitely not great, felt a little sick after the drink but not the worst 2 hours I've spent somewhere. :)

Since we are overseas we won't be having anyone with us at the hospital.  However we are also now feeling hesitant to have people visit at all before Christmas-time.  I only get a few months maternity leave and the thought of having someone stay at my house then is just too much.  I'm not close with my mother or father, and aside from maybe one best-gf there isn't anyone I want around me in my potential post-birth state.  My brother and his fiancee are coming for Christmas already and I feel like that is enough.  Not sure if I'll regret this decision though...

Edit: words. hard.

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    What size/fruit is baby this week? We are also a cauliflower - 25 weeks!

Rants/Randoms/Happiness? I am currently sitting in our nursery, daydreaming of snuggling with my baby girl, as I watch my belly shake from her kicks. I am pretty happy right now!

How many people are you allowing at the delivery? At the hospital? Within the first weeks home?

At the delivery, just me and DH. And the medical staff of course.

At the hospital, probably just immediate family (which would be grandparents) Depending on how I feel I may let my BFF come visit.

At home, I am fine if our friends want to visit for an hour or two, but the only people that I am letting us physically stay with us are my Inlaws because they live 5 1/2 hours away. And I told DH the max is 2 nights/3 full days. If they want to stay longer they will need to stay with my parents who only live 10 minutes away. I also don't want them coming every weekend. I said my limit was around birth, once before Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving. We will be going to visit them for Christmas. I want grandparents to be an active part of our baby's life but I also want to make sure as parents we are getting the bonding we need because I can easily see grandparents thinking that they get priority when they visit. My mom will be the worst...she will want to come over every day. I may change my mind, but especially those first two weeks when DH will be home I really just want it to be the three of us. After that, she can come over 2 times a week.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LapoohLapooh member
    Yay for V day, finally ! <:-P 24 weeks today. Baby is a cantaloupe. Honestly, these fruit measurements make no sense to me. Are they focusing on length or weight ?

Rants/Random :
    Nothing much to complain about. Feeling tired but otherwise pretty good. My work schedule is going to ease up dramatically after the end of this week, so grateful for that.

How many people in the hospital after delivery ?
    In the delivery room, just me and DH. Lol, I hope he sticks around in the delivery room. Trouble is, his mom will be visiting from overseas to help with the baby, which I am very grateful for. I would like to be alone with DH and baby for few hours after birth, feed, eat, sleep, but I am not sure that ll work out. Friends can visit after week 1 at home. We have no family nearby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What size/fruit is baby this week?
    26 weeks! Lettuce. Last night at SO's cousin's grad party someone asked me how far along along I am and it just registered that Im two weeks away from 3rd trimester. Thats so crazy.

Rants/Randoms/Happiness?
    It seems like morning sickness is back. I woke up feeling so nauseous and had a killer headache. Grr.

How many people are you allowing at the delivery?  At the hospital?  Within the first weeks home?
    Delivery - I think will just be me and SO.

At the hospital - I wanna say no one except for DD but it'll most likely end up being all the immediate family.

At home - I'm throwing a 'meet the baby' party, probably around one or two weeks after so everyone can come see him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"