Infertility
Options

What was your experience using lupron in IVF cycles?

przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
edited July 2014 in Infertility
I will be using this soon and there are some pretty nasty experiences with lupron on the Internet. I know everyone is different I just want to hear some recent experiences from the lovely ladies here. Did it over suppress you? Did you have nasty side affects? Did it hurt or improve your egg quality? Was your period delayed from taking it during the luteal phase? I would like to hear the good and the bad.

Re: What was your experience using lupron in IVF cycles?

• Options
    I had minor headaches on lupron but otherwise no side effects.
    With IVF # 1 I ended up with a suuuuper high Estradiol (6000+) with I think 9 follies.  The second round we did an Antagonist with no Lupron and it was much better. 

Good luck!
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Options
    Lillovebug79Lillovebug79 member
    edited July 2014
    I did Lupron but started the last week of BCP. I got AF just 2 days after stopping the pill which was earlier than I expected. Lupron was nasty for me but that because it dropped my E2 to 6 and I felt like crap. I had restlessness, headaches, night sweats, mood swings, and I was exhausted. But it got better when I started stims. My E2 after 4 days of stims was 758 so I definitely wasn't over suppressed. I was on it for 18 days before starting stims which seems long compared to others. As far as quality goes, I don't know because my ER is on Monday but I have a good number of follies and only ended up needing to stim for 7 days. I think everyone is different and while I hated the Lupron, it will be worth every minute of it if it gets me my baby! Good luck!

Edited for spelling!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @IFinTN‌ that's interesting that you're doing the lupron depot before your frozen egg transfer. Is it ccrm suggesting this? I have seen that some ladies with endo do the lupron depot 3-6 months before IVF but not before frozen egg transfer. I'm pretty scared to take the lupron depot. My first Ivf cycle they wanted me to do the long lupron protocol about I was afraid to take it. I'm only doing it this time because with injectables I always stim too fast and have lead follicles. I hope this does it for you, ill be watching to see!!!
  • Options
    I have recently heard of the integrin beta test and was going to ask for that. I know my Obgyn will give me the lupron depot to treat endo. Have you started the lupron depot yet? Do you know if it stops your period? I'm just curious. If you have taken it already, how are you doing so far?
  • Options
    przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah that's what I have read about the test...that it may be inconclusive. If the side affects of the lupron depot weren't so scary I would consider it. Did they remove your endo during you lap or did they just laser it down? Did ccrm reccomend the lupron depot regardless of excision surgery to remove the endo or not? Honestly I wish I had full blown pcos instead of endo. This is the worst thing you could possibly have as far as fertility goes. Is there a reason they recommended you take it for 2 months instead of 3 like its usually suggested? Sorry for all the questions.
  • Options
    I've had no negative experiences with Lupron - fortunately it's only done what it was supposed to do for me. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    The worst side effect was joint pain. Not fun. I did three different protocols for all of my IVFs... it didn't make a difference in my case. All three produced lots of follicles, but the quality has never been there. 
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    Sha259Sha259 member
    I am on Day 5 of Lupron suppression (without BCPs). So far, I have had no side effects. I'm on 10 iu dose, I don't know if that makes a difference. But I am scheduled to start stimming, and decreasing my Lupron from 10 iu to 5 iu on Friday/Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"