October 2014 Moms
Options

Can someone please name my baby?

With our first baby we were on top of everything. By 30 weeks, the nursery was finished, shower complete, everything washed and organized, bags packed, car seat installed, etc. We were "team green" but had both names already picked.

Here I am at 27 weeks with baby number 2 and nothing is getting accomplished. We haven't even thought about names and the whole process just seems overwhelming this time.

We are again "team green" and I think we'll be okay with girl names. I love the classics... Laura, Sarah, Emily, etc. We are struggling with a boys name though. Our son is Brock so we need another strong name. I don't want another "B" and I'm not keen on boy names that are more often shortened with a nickname. We don't want anything common either. Can someone just name this baby for me, please!?

Re: Can someone please name my baby?

• Options
    You sure you don't want a B name? I love Benjamin Reid but we aren't getting to use it.

Thaddeus?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrswelsh3 said:

Garett

Garrett was a name I causally mentioned but of course my husband knows a friend of a friend of a cousin's friend who is named Garrett and he doesn't like him. Any name I do think of, he associates with someone... so annoying!

• Options
    Garett
    Garrett was a name I causally mentioned but of course my husband knows a friend of a friend of a cousin's friend who is named Garrett and he doesn't like him. Any name I do think of, he associates with someone... so annoying!
    How about Merrick? Have you tried Nymbler? You can put in your son's name and have it bring up name suggestions.

You know there is an easy solution, find out the sex of the baby :P

• Options
    How about Donovan?
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    CNJ4EVA said:
    How about Donovan?
    I love this name. But I am biased since it is DS1's name.

• Options
    Hmm...what is Brock's MN?

We also like names that either can't or aren't commonly shortened to make a NN. That's why we picked Elliott for this boy. The runner up was Mark.

So let's see. With Brock, I like:

Mark
    Henry
    Joel
    Paul
    Scott
    Shane
    Rex
    Cole
    Chad
    James (I know, I know...Jim/Jimmy)
    Trent

imageimage
  • Options
    I have a friend that has two sons with pretty cool names: Rhodes and Sage. I love Rhodes! Super cool! 

• Options
    jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited July 2014
    Troy
    Dominic (but this is easily shortened)
    Shane
    Aaron
    Travis
    Lance
    Max
    Ross
    Clint
    Hank
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    Cole
    Noah
    Mason
    Carter
    Hunter
  • Options
    Gavin is what we are naming our son. It means "white hawk" and I think it sounds good with Brock ;)

image         image

• Options
    Luke, Sean, and Neil are strong names that we had on our boy's list

BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

• Options
    Carter
  • Options
    What about Stone? It is a strong name and is difficult to shorten into a nickname.
  • Options
    TC0514TC0514 member
    Colin?
  • Options
    What about Parker? This was our choice for a boy name but we are having a girl so maybe in the future but I love this name and I don't think it's that common.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. Baby naming is hard!! You'd think it would be easier after discussing names for the first child. What about Connor, Trevor or Jack? I also like the suggestions of Henry, Gavin and Reid.
  • Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    How about Emmett?  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

My husband votes for Optimis Prime

LOL before we actually got pregnant my husband pushed for this!
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • Options
    Xander
    Xavier
    Cain
    Ezra
    Shane

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Seth
    Noah
    Owen
    Sean

These sound nice, and you wouldn't have to worry about abbreviations or nicknames.

Pregnancy Ticker

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
    ― Audrey Hepburn

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    We still haven't settled on a name either. Boy names are hard! My husband has a one-syllable name and has always disliked his name and how unversatile it is, so his main requirement is that we pick something that the kid can get multiple nicknames out of, in case he grows up to dislike his name, too. That has definitely helped shorten our list, but still nothing has grabbed me as being a perfect name.
  • Options
    Don't let us name your baby. That poor kid would have to explain why you named him/her Velociroo.

Just kidding :) kind of.
    DD Caitlin 8/2012, m/c 8/2013, m/c 12/2013, Rainbow baby due 10/17/2014!!!
  • Options

What about Stone? It is a strong name and is difficult to shorten into a nickname.

Our son's name is Brock... too close to Rock to name a baby Stone :)

• Options
    mrswelsh3 said:

Lollll at the Duggar comment! Has your hubby suggested any names at all? Do you like any of the Boys names that end in "N"? (Weston, Ethan, Cain, Caden, Winston, Corbin, etc) or do you prefer more traditional names for boys?? (Henry, Hans, Lyle, Paul)...trying to think of names that can't be shortened

I've always liked Corbin but out last name is a "K" and just doesn't sound right. It's becoming a pretty popular name in our area right now too.

• Options
    I know you said no Bs.. But we're naming out little guy Braxton Lucas :) I'm in love with it and I think it goes great with Brock! You don't have to keep up the B names with your future babies.. Make your own rules! Haha! Congrats!
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

Hmm...what is Brock's MN?

We also like names that either can't or aren't commonly shortened to make a NN. That's why we picked Elliott for this boy. The runner up was Mark.

So let's see. With Brock, I like:

Mark
    Henry
    Joel
    Paul
    Scott
    Shane
    Rex
    Cole
    Chad
    James (I know, I know...Jim/Jimmy)
    Trent

His middle name is Matthew. I love Scott but that's my brother's name and it wouldn't be fair to our other brothers. Hmmm... I think I'll be putting Cole on my list!
  • Options

I have a friend that has two sons with pretty cool names: Rhodes and Sage. I love Rhodes! Super cool! 

My husband thinks they are too "hippyish"

• Options
    What about Harvey? That's our choice if/when we have another and it's a boy.
  • Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited July 2014
    apk4 said:

What about Harvey? That's our choice if/when we have another and it's a boy.

This is a total GP name for me and DH doesn't like it. :(( He says since we have a Henry already, Harvey is too matchy. It's now on my list of potential names for future pets (since that's where all the names I love that DH vetoes go. Lol).
    imageimage
  • Options
    ch3rrych3rry member
    My sons are Chase & Dylan. We picked both because they couldn't be shortened.
  • Options
    femailfemail member

Gavin is what we are naming our son. It means "white hawk" and I think it sounds good with Brock ;)

My nephews are named Brock and Gavin. They're brothers and Brock is the older of the two. Gavin was going to be my suggestion to you, too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the gender neutral name Kennedy although it can be shortend.
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there a little late to the party. I like Lincoln (although overly popular ATM), and Harrison.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"