Formula Feeding

How to decide on the right formula

I EBF my boys until 6 weeks and switched to Enfamil Gentlease for both. My first had horrible colic so since it worked well with him, we went with it with our second. I want to bf for maybe the first month along with introducing formula (supplementing right away). I do not plan on my bfing for long, so want to try and have a plan for formula. Should I go with the gentlease again? Or is regular infant Enfamil or similar better? Wat do you use and why? Assuming she has no milk allergies and lactose intolerance. We only use the the ready to serve kind. Are the nursettes helpful? You would think I'm a newb! I am starting to really try and have things as prepared as possible :/
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How to decide on the right formula

• Thanks! That's a good idea with the quart size. I used to use those when out and about. I am thinking of trying playtex drop ins this time. I want to try and make life easier if she will take them and it doesn't upset her tummy. I used dr. Browns with my boys and feel like I cannot look at another one...lol. What did you use? Thanks!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Also they have nursettes in 8oz? I have to brush up. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2014
    I had my DD overseas so I can't speak to US formula for newborns from past experience (by the time we were back she was 8mo and we used regular infant Enfamil) but I would think that the 'supplementing' version would be the right thing.

Over in Europe I used a hypoallergenic version of the regular formula which was recommended by our pedi as a the right choice for supplementing. We had to supplement the entire time.

Now for our second I am planning to use Enfamil Supplementing. I am not going to go out of my way and get gentlease or other specialized stuff like that unless I know that my kid has some sort of an issue or intollerance.
    All babies seem to have colic like issues when they are tiny - because their systems are so immature - but most grow out of it by 6w or so...
  • I love the nursettes for those early days! So convenient. Not so much when LO takes more than 2 oz at a time. Personally I would use regular Enfamil, or generic, because I hate spending money on formula! Move to the specialty if needed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Also they have nursettes in 8oz? I have to brush up. Lol
    They do, but I wouldn't consider it a nursette because as far as I know, nipples don't attach to the top. So really, it's just an 8oz ready to feed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"