April 2013 Moms

Bit his tongue. What to do?

H was getting out of our tent while camping and Logan leaned over just as H was lifting his foot to crawl out. Logan got hit in the mouth with H's heel. :( He is fine, but bit the tip of his tongue. I noticed this morning it looks kind of like a canker sore. (It happened yesterday morning) What can I do about it besides brush his teeth really good twice a day? I think it's looking a little better. He wouldn't cooperate, of course.
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Bit his tongue. What to do?

• He is eating fine and acting normal.

If I bite my tongue, I use mouthwash religiously so I don't get a painful sore. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Ice water. Tongues heal super super fast.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Have never heard of tooth brushing or mouthwash as prevention for mouth sores. Good to know. I'd just give him cold stuff if he seems like he needs it, maybe Advil or Tylenol if he's in pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Using mouthwash or salt water rinses do not prevent or help help moth sores in healing..it burns ! Everything just takes time..anywhere from 3-7 days
  • DD fell while crawling last month and bit her tongue really hard... there was blood everywhere. It was horrific and yet she was totally fine after it stopped bleeding. So, from my experience (and  info given to me after calling the doctor in a panic):

-don't feed anything citrus-ey for a couple days
    -cold stuff definitely helps
    -tylenol etc is ok too if you want to ease the pain

Her tongue healed very quickly. It looked like a canker sore for 2 days and then by the third was almost healed. Hope he is ok!!
  • I just figured brushing and using mouth wash would keep bacteria and such out of it better. No proven theory, though. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"