May 2012 Moms
Options

Embarassing moment

So, after reading an article about talking to kids about sexual abuse that recommended starting the discussion at age 2, I started casually talking to DD about how some of her parts are "private", who is allowed to touch them under what circumstances, etc. Which led to an embarassing toddler moment as we were shopping in the hardware store and DD randomly announced to a 30-something guy near us that "it's okay for mommy and daddy to touch your private parts when they are giving you a bath." The guy looked surprised for a second, then started laughing hysterically and told me that he has kids too. Major red-face moment for me!

P.S., If anyone else is interested, here's a link to the article I read on the subject: https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/02/10-ways-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-sexual-abuse/?upw

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Embarassing moment

• Options
    That is awesome. A story to share on her wedding day to return the embarrassment

• Options
    ebl2ebl2 member
    That's funny! Thanks for the link too
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great story!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Wow I'm most impressed with her ability to speak in full sentences, lo will say stuff like play ball, but not full sentences. That was a funny story though!
  • Options
    GromMom said:

Wow I'm most impressed with her ability to speak in full sentences, lo will say stuff like play ball, but not full sentences. That was a funny story though!

She started talking pretty early. It's the gross motor stuff where she's always behind. I think by age 3 or so they all catch up to each other.

• Options
    Cool, my "excuse" for lo being a late talker is I think that I'm not much of a talker so he doesn't hear constant conversation (although I try) and we're also trying to teach him some Mandarin (even though we ourselves, are not really very experienced in it).   My LO also was a late walker (18 months) so it's weird to see little babies climbing up the jungle gym while my lo still needs help on stairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"