September 2014 Moms
Options

AW: Growth scan and look at my baby's foot!

Ok...so...not normally one to AW like this...but I got really excited. My growth scan was today and baby girl is measuring in at just over 4lbs. And you can see her crazy chubby cheeks on the u/s! And look at her foot...LOOK AT ITTTTTTT

The doc told me "Look like you're having a big baby"...which I'm a little confused on b/c I didn't think the u/s measurements for weight were that accurate. Unless he was going off of the head and femur measurements. I was just to stunned to ask him to clarify...next appt I guess.

Oh, and I've lost 3 lbs since my last appt...whoop whoop.

Ok, you may resume what you were doing. AW out.
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: AW: Growth scan and look at my baby's foot!

• Options
    Ultrasound baby feet (and hands) are one of my favorite things. They're the cutest! Love it!

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Options
    Jealous! I had a growth scan today too and she was head down so we got to see nothing. My LO was measuring 3lbs 1oz but right next to that it said +\- 7ozs and to me almost half a lb is a big variance!

Married: 6/4/2005Start TTC early 2012 May 2013: PCOS Diagnosis August 2013: Uterine Septum Removal November 2013: 1st round clomid, ovidrel trigger December 2013: 2nd round clomid, ovidrel trigger, BFP!!! August 2014: Baby girl arrives! February 2016: Ready for #2 May 2016: starting again with clomid, ovidrel trigger June 2016:  BFP!!! EDD: 2/21/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ang2016 baby girl is head down too...her feet are crammed up under my left ribcage lol. The tech pretty much scanned my whole belly to check things out and happened upon her little foot. And yeah...that's why I questioned the OB's comment about her being a big baby...I know there's variance and if she gains a 1/2lb/week until 40 weeks, that puts her in the 8-10 lb range...which I think is average
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    First, I love baby feet on ultrasounds!! So cute! As for weight, my doc said the ultrasound could be off 1-2 pounds in either direction! That seems like a really huge variance. My son was estimated at 4.5 pounds on his ultrasound less than 24 hours before he was born and ended up being 5 pounds 5 oz. so I guess it's true. They do consider babies that are close to 9 pounds to be large for gestational age. Maybe that's all he meant if she ends up in that range? I don't think it's a big deal. My friend just had a perfectly healthy 9lb baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"