Natural Birth

Placenta Questions (XP)

Hello ladies,

I posted this on my BMB, but I'm cross posting for more opinions, not sure exactly where to ask.

I was very set on having my placenta encapsulated into pills, however, I'm finding it difficult to connect with the few doulas around here that do it, and it cost at least $200, which I just don't think we're gonna have in the next couple weeks.

Although I'm squirmy thinking about taking it home and putting it in a smoothie, that's free for me to do, and I want ALL THE PLACENTA BENEFITS.

Does anyone have any wisdom on doing this? Recipes? Storage? How to transport? Can I just taxidermy it and hang it from the mantle like a prized bass?

I read some online articles that tell me to place into a Tupperware, then into a cooler filled with ice, but IDK when to get it home in the fridge, how to prepare it, etc...

Thank you in advance for any wisdom on this!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Placenta Questions (XP)

• I know you can find encapsulation kits online, not sure the cost and i think you need a dehydrator. Good luck!
  • Also, if you are giving birth in the hospital be sure whoever your support team is knows and will advocate for you keeping your placenta. The nurses tend to just whisk them away after the birth and you will not be in a position to remind them that you want it.
  • Loading the player...
  • IDK but I totally LOLed at "taxidermy it... like a prize bass"

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards