March 2015 Moms
Options

Hesitantly Excited!

Hi there,

My husband and I got our BFP on June 21st... or should I say 5 BFP because I couldn't actually believe it was true. I am wondering if anyone has some advice on how to stop all the worrying we are both doing? We have been undergoing fertility treatments since February of this year. I've had 1 m/c and 1 c/p, he has two children from a previous marriage. This is the first time everything has looked "good" according to our dr, but I am too terrified to even be excited or enjoy it. All I can think about it the what-if's and my emotions are all over the place! Any suggestions on how to deal with being terrified of absolutely every twinge, ache, pain, gas bubble?? I want to enjoy this pregnancy if I can.

Me(24), DH (31)
Married November 2013     TTC#1 Since August 2013
December 2013... BFP MC (8 weeks)
April 2014...BFP CP
June 2014...BFP... 12dpo beta 67...14dpo beta 134!!
EDD: 3/4/15

image  image image image

Re: Hesitantly Excited!

• Options
    Welcome!  I am sorry for your losses.  There are lots of women who have had losses on this board and we even have a PGAL check-in every week.  Please join in.  Other than that, my advice is to remember that you are pregnant today and take it one day at a time.  
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't really have any good suggestions to stop worrying, but I wanted to say welcome and congratulations on your BFP!  Also there is a PgAL check in thread on the board with many wonderful and supportive ladies in similar situations.  Prayers for a happy and healthy 9 months!

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you, I appreciate that. I hope that after my first u/s on 7/14 I will feel much more comfortable with what is going on!

Me(24), DH (31)
    April 2014...BFP CP

image  image image image
  • Options

I will look into the other boards that you mentioned, are there any others that anyone suggests as their favorites?

Me(24), DH (31)
    April 2014...BFP CP

image  image image image
  • Options
    Congrats!  Sorry for your losses.  I'm in a similar boat, with every slight cramp sending me to the bathroom to "check".  FX for a healthy and uneventful 9 months!

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. Welcome & congrats.  Wishing you H&H 9months!
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. Congratulations on this bfp. Today you are pregnant and that is wonderful. The worrying is difficult, especially after a loss, but there are a ton of ladies here gong through the same thing and they can be a great help...look into the PgAL check un and try not to let your fear overcome your joy, as hard as that might seem. Hugs, and welcome to the board.
  • Options
    klax4klax4 member
    Welcome! Sorry for your losses. If I knew the secret to not being a total worrywart, I would pass it on. Best I can say is take one day at a time. As PP mentioned, you are pregnant today and that's awesome!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome to the March 2015 board! I don't have any advice on how not to worry but I will wish you a very healthy 9 months. Congrats on the BFP! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I know it is very difficult to curb the anxiety, especially in the early weeks. I'm very sorry for your losses, I have had three very early miscarriages and during my last pregnancy I enjoyed both my birth month board and the Pregnant After Loss board. There is a lot of support there as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I have no suggestions.  I haven't had a loss and I'm nervous :(

• Options
    Welcome!  I'm sorry for your loss but I've found it helpful to post on the weekly PGAL check ins here, and there's also another board for PGAL (Preganant after a loss).  GL!
  • Options

Thank you all for the suggestions! I am feeling a little bit less nervous today... no idea why, but I will take it! I hope that we can all have a healthy 9 months! Something I haven't done much today is read about all my symptoms, because usually I can find a reason to be worried about anything if I google it enough.

Me(24), DH (31)
    April 2014...BFP CP

image  image image image
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I don't have any advice for you as I am feeling the same way. I do like the "today I am pregnant" mantra. That helps me to live in the joy of this pregnancy and let it be clouded by fear.
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"