September 2013 Moms
Options

Packing for the beach

Good morning ladies. I'm sitting here needing to start packing for the beach as we are leaving Friday. I need suggestions on what to pack for DD. I know I'm going to over pack that can't be avoided. What would you take along for your LO at the beach.
This is going to be about an 8 hour car ride for us.
BFP#1 - 9/19/2012 M/C 10/8/2012 7W5D BFP#2 - 1/13/2013 This is our first child. We are praying this one is our sticky baby. Hoping and praying for a successful 9 months. BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Packing for the beach

• Options

A change of dry clothes for LO once swimming is done for the day .

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate the tips.
    BFP#1 - 9/19/2012 M/C 10/8/2012 7W5D BFP#2 - 1/13/2013 This is our first child. We are praying this one is our sticky baby. Hoping and praying for a successful 9 months. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby powder takes the sand off your body. Just pour some in your hands and rub it in. The sand just disappears.

They sell it at my dollar store and it was a big enough bottle for our gang of 8 kids for the week.

Snacks for the baby. LO ate so much more real food while we are at the beach last month. She really liked eating the squeeze pouches straight from the pouch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hat, extra swim diaper just in case, water (lots of it), lotion, baby powder for the sand (it is amazing how the sand just disappears), big mat to sit on. Honestly in terms of toys, our LO wasn't interested in more than just the shovel to chew on lol. We also had an umbrella which was a huge help to keep her out of direct sunlight.
  • Options
    jojo1112 said:

I have nothing to add other than I kept reading the title as Parking For The Beach and was like why would anyone be able to answer that for you?

Thanks this gave me a chuckle!!

• Options
    I will add insect repellent. Also, DS really liked having his bath cups to play with at the beach. The ergo was great for beach walks. For the car I have a few little stroller/teething toys I keep in the car that I rotate on car trips. We left really early in the morning 5ish when we went for a 7 hour trip, DS did well with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"