High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro pregnant with #2 after severe hypertension

Hi everyone! A few days ago I found out that we are pregnant with #2! We have a two year old son who was born at 31w5d due to severe hypertension with neurological complications. I saw an MFM before we conceived and he put me on low dose aspirin and gave my Ob a list of stuff he wants done. I called my Ob to set up my first appt and we go on 8/8 for our first u/s and visit. We didn't get an u/s until the Nt at 12 weeks last time. He also wants early labs and a 24 hour urine catch, genetic testing (materniT21) and then the nt at 12 weeks (are both necessary? Oh well extra u/s) and then a few other things as we go including low dose blood pressure meds after 13 weeks. Oh and I'll be 35 at delivery so AMA. I'm really hopeful that we can go to term this time. Question for anyone with pregnancy induced hypertension. Did you have to monitor your BP at home? If so, when did that start? Thanks!
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Intro pregnant with #2 after severe hypertension

• Options
    Congratulations! I developed hypertension with my first at 36 weeks and she was induced soon after. I developed Pre-E postpartum and now have chronic hypertension. For that reason, my response may not be what you are looking for, but I'll share my experience anyways!

Because I have chronic hypertension I am on meds (labetelol 2x/day) and monitor my bp at home (I have since before pregnancy). I also have appointments every 2 weeks and extra u/s, though I opted out of the early screenings (NT, MaterniT21, etc). I will also be induced before 39 weeks.

Your experience may be different if your HBP is not chronic, but I hope that information is helpful! Best of luck for a healthy pregnancy!

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    Thanks for the response! Fortunately my BP went back to normal after DS was born (actually during my induction it dropped and stayed down which was odd).  I do think I will have to take labetelol once I hit 13 weeks. You know if there are any risks with that? Obviously the risks of another preemie are really scary so I'll take calculated risks when I can. 

Fingers crossed for a healthy 39 weeks for you guys!!!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The risks associated with labetelol are very low, which is why it is one of the most common BP meds for pregnant/nursing women. I have never had any side effects, but the most common would be light headedness/dizziness for which they would just lower your dosage. :)
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    Thank you!!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"