December 2012 Moms
Options

Shoes

When do their feet stop growing so fast!!! I hate picking out shoes for LO because I can never find a good fit due to his enormous big toe. I bought him a new pair just last month and had to buy him a bigger size yesterday. Also any tricks to tell if the shoe fits well?

Re: Shoes

• Options
    I just but them a half size bigger
    And they seem to last longer! These kids feet grow fast!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    We are the opposite here. I feel like everything else on this kid grows but her hair and her feet. She is still in a 3 - 4 and has been for months. 4's are too big. I have small feet too though, so I guess I'm not surprised. What size shoes is everyone else's LO wearing?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just bought LO a 7 1/2, it seems a little big but like I said he has a large big toe so I go by that. I'm a 9 and SO is a 14 so he's definitely not going to have small feet.
  • Options
    Milla is in a 6, she has a Pediped 5.5 that fits without socks and an old navy 7. I make sure there's at least 1/4" between her toes and top.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    We're solidly in a 5 right now.  I kind of think that her feet look disproportionately small sometimes actually.  Anyway, we print out the Pediped size chart online and look to see where she is relative to the size line.  If she's close to it, I've been ordering a half size up to give her a little bit of room to grow.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Lo is a 5.5- 6 depending on the shoe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Killian's a 6 in sandals and 7 in everything else - the kid has huge feet! They look so much more grown up than the rest of him. He's starting to loose that pudgy-flat-baby-feet look for sure.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    @bloomraiser‌ - Were the Stride Rite ones good for taller feet? We've been getting away with Mary Janes which are helpful for her tall feet, but I'd like some sneakers for fall.

imageimage

• Options
    Alivia is in 5 still.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    DD is in a 5 - 6 depending on the brand and style (sneakers vs sandals).
  • Options
    DD is wearing 5-5.5 and we just got some 6's and they are still too big. I think stride rite always measures up a little bit. I noticed now too that I have to get her the ones that are for running because the early walker ones make her trip more because of the rubber toe. I was bummed about that because they are softer for daycare but I noticed she isn't tripping as much anymore. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is wearing 5-5.5 and we just got some 6's and they are still too big. I think stride rite always measures up a little bit. I noticed now too that I have to get her the ones that are for running because the early walker ones make her trip more because of the rubber toe. I was bummed about that because they are softer for daycare but I noticed she isn't tripping as much anymore. 
    This is interesting - I think we've only gotten early walkers and most of her shoes are stride rite.  Sometimes I think she trips more in them than other shoes - maybe I should move up to the next step...
  • Options
    Lydia is probably a 4, but sizing on some shoes is off. Her Saltwaters are 3's and her 4 Tom's mary janes are still way too big.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    We always bought Stride Rites for the kids because I know when they measure they measure up so our shoes always lasted at least 8 months.  However because of the price of Stride Rite and the fact that I have 3 kids 5 years and younger I went ahead and bought a Branock Shoe Sizer and its my FAVORITE thing!!  My friends laughed at me but honestly it's worth it (I got it on e-bay used).  Its the shoe sizer you see in big stores- the black metal sizer.  TONS more accurate then the stupid mats they have at shoe stores, etc.  Plus I can buy shoes online (so often at Stride Rite they would have the size for one child and not the other and then you can't do the buy one get one half off- not to mention if you go to Stride Rite's website you can buy last years tennis shoes for half the price).  With my new shoe sizer, I'm no longer a Stride Rite "snob" (lol) and will buy from Meijer, Target, Kohls (I don't like Walmart's shoes for young kids- for my older 2 who can vocalize comfort I wouldn't mind it but not the younger one). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"