Detroit Babies
Options

due in March!!! :-)

I see there hasn't been much activity on here recently and was hoping there were some newly pregnant metro Detroit ladies out there!!!!

I'm only about 4 weeks, hubby & I just found out & still in a little shock. Mainly just some stomach cramping, hoping that's normal? :-/

Re: due in March!!! :-)

• Options
    Congratulations!! And some cramping is normal (kindof feels like menstrual cramps). If you have any bleeding contact your doctor immediately. I had some pretty painful cramping from about 5-9 weeks. Drink some extra fluids, that can help settle them a bit. I'm due in January and still only *just* getting used to the idea. Lots to do!! 
  • Options
    Ok thanks! One night was pretty bad cramping but not much since, no blood. I feel like since I don't have many symptoms it might not be true. I peed on another stick last night just to be sure!

We haven't told anyone yet & I'm dying to. When did you tell your close family & friends?

Congrats to you too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi!! I am also due in March with my first!! I'm a bit nervous though, just want to get through that first doc appointment.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely! I have my first apt July 16th and ultra sound Aug 4th, wish it was sooner just because I'm anxious!
  • Options
    Hi! I'm due March 13 with baby #2. I live in the Rochester area. Happy and healthy 9 months!
    SJMomma
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm just popping in here, optimistically. I'm also due in March with baby #1.
    @nedry2ad I also am having very concerning period-like cramps! They scare me because I never had them with any of my previous (failed) pregnancies.
    We also have not told anyone, and won't until I show, due to our extreme history of loss.
    I hope this is the one! :)

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

• Options
    Congrats! I'm due in March too with baby #5. Cramping is normal as long as it's not too severe and you're not bleeding. Although keep in mind a little bit of spotting is also normal... :)
  • Options
    Hi.. I'm due in march with my first.. So was just looking around to see if there was anyone local to me..
  • Options
    Due with my first in Feb! My first prenatal appointment isn't till this monday! Congrats mama's!
  • Options
    Congratulations to everyone!! I'm fairly local to the Rochester area as well. I'm 15 weeks now and most of my very close friends knew immediately. I had a really bad m/c at 12 weeks though so didn't want to tell everyone right away. I told mom about 8 weeks, dad about 10, one brother just last week and another who lives far away doesn't know yet ( i want to tell him in person). I had a small placental bleed a couple weeks ago too, which luckily resolved itself quickly. I have my anatomy scan in 4 weeks: hoping for a girl!! :)  
  • Options
    Congrats everyone!! Now I'm into the horrible morning sickness stage. I'm so excited to be pregnant but feel so incredibly awful I have no energy to be excited.

I work a lot of hours but lately I'm going in late & leaving early and not the most productive when there (which is way out of character).

How's everyone else feeling??
    And where's everyone from??
    I live I'm Warren but hoping to move to the Royal Oak area soon :-)
  • Options
    Diclegis!!! I am not usually a fan of taking extra medications (especially during pregnancy) BUT I was getting so nauseous that I couldn't eat and lost a ton of weight. It has helped me and cut down my morning sickness by over 95% I'd say. 
    I've started feeling much better recently and i hope I'm moving out of the first trimester icky feeling stage. I'm almost 16 weeks now and glad for it. But now I'm starting to notice a lot of the small body changes which are becoming uncomfortable (for sleeping/maneuvering easily at work, etc) 
    As I mentioned I'm from the Rochester area :) 

• Options
    I'm in Livonia and expecting my first March 20th and have been cramping everyday! From what I've read it is normal unless there is blood (if that happen call your doctor!) I'm so excited even with the cramps and fatigue!
  • Options
    SA0012SA0012 member
    I'm loving all these new posts! I hope it means that the Detroit board might get some more activity.

I'm due in January in Harrison Twp. 

Congratulations to all of you girls!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    firstpreciousfirstprecious member
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations ladies!

I am due March 25th 2015. I am from Northville. Anyone heard any good reviews about Providence Park Hospital in Novi? 
    I am trying to figure out which obstetrician to  go to and Novi would be the closest location. As the hospital is fairly new, anyone know how the nurses and staff are in general?

Also, any luck finding prenatal exercise classes?

Good to see local activity :)

• Options
    Providence Park Novi has really good RNs.  I have had a few friends deliver there and were very happy with the staff (from the Doctors all the way down to the RN techs), their rooms (private and spacious with room for dad to stay the night) and not too much complaining about the food (but it is still hospital food :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    firstpreciousfirstprecious member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you very much BGGP9196. Makes me feel better :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all, I am also due in March with #2 in Canton!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"