Success after IF
Options

When do you start packing up out grown toys?

I have been gathering up all the items that DD has outgrown, bumbo, baby tub, etc. so that I can donate them. (Which is already a difficult thing to do since I don't feel done yet, but DH says we are even though he keeps joking about having more and acted disappointed when AF showed up this week. He is mentally making this very challenging for me because I feel like he is sending me mixed signals!!)

Anyway.... when did you pack away baby toys, like rattles and all those little toys attached to the little plastic linky thingies? I don't feel like she every really played with them too much, but I'm not sure if she has technically 'outgrown' them yet. She'll be 1 next week. 

When do you make the call to pack stuff away (or pass on?)
Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: When do you start packing up out grown toys?

• Options
    I'm in a slightly different situation in that I am hoping there's a sibling to play with all of it...but I only have so much space in our day-to-day lives for toys! :) As he gets really interested in the next set of stuff, I pack up a box. I mean, he's 16 months old and walking but if I handed him a baby rattle, he'd probably play with it. Also whenever a gift giving holiday is near, I weed for space. I'm sure it's easier now than it will be once he has an opinion. :) Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    Around 1 I started packing up some of the "baby items" especially after DS had his first bday and got a ton more toys. But I wouldn't get rid of them. I packed them into several plastic bins and keep them in the garage. When DS gets bored with his other toys I pull the bins out for him to rummage through. DS will be 3 on Sunday and still loves to play with his "baby toys". Some days he even asks for these bins of toys. It's a nice change up. Getting rid if baby things IMO is soo hard!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think around DD's first birthday I put some of the baby toys in a plastic bin.  Her birthday was close to Christmas so I was getting ready for the onslaught of new toys.  If this last FET doesn't work then we will be OAD and I will donate or give away the leftover toys. 

I do also rotate DD's toys.  If she seems bored with a few of them I will put them away for a week or so and get out different ones.  They are all just on the floor in an empty bedroom upstairs so it's easy for me to switch them out.  My living room would be too overrun with toys if I left them all out for her.  As it is she trips over stuff a lot when everything is out. 
    This is a huge motivation for me. I'm tired of stepping on and picking up the same stuff all the time! Too many toys!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I too am in a different place sibling wise but I put things like the bumbo, bouncy, swing, bath tub in his closet and our hall closet for now. All of the toys are still in the living room in a big plastic tub. I do my best to rotate which toys are on top that he digs out. He still plays with the baby toys too so for now they all stay out. Oh and he's 16 months today.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    I always have a big box to start packing away items as DS outgrew them. Now that we have a little one again im slowly bringing things out. I like to rotate out toys that we have out regardless so I always have a box in the basement to put and pull things out of. Def tricky with your husband though. That would have me in knots. I would need to know 100% that he was done before getting rid of things.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"