Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

time to spill...

Tell us the worst/grossest things that happened during labor!

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: time to spill...

• This isn't gross but the worst thing that happened. DS was breach and after a failed external cyphalic version I went in for a scheduled cs. I had never had morphine before and as it turns out I'm pretty allergic. My eye lids swelled up and I began to itch terribly. My teeth itched, no joke. Or, at least they felt like they did. I started itching myself so hard my husband had to hold my arms down until they could get nubane and benadryl into my IV and it could take effect.

I was pretty high and groggy for a while and remember DH holding DS with me trying to nurse because I was so afraid I would zonk out and drop him.
  • Loading the player...
  • My traumatic part was they tripled my pitocin in such a short time my body went crazy. My contraction was never ending...as in, didn't ebb and flow. The nurses ran in to disconnect the machine because they thought my uterus would rupture. I had a horrible induction due to low amniotic fluid. All the other stuff didn't bother me, except for the foley bulb. Trying to go to the bathroom with that thing in was horrible. Not my most glamorous moments.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • This isn't THAT bad, but my epidural didn't work properly (one sided) and I kinda felt like the baby was coming out my left side.  I threw up three times while in labor and no one was in the room with me any of those times.  The first time I threw up, it filled the tray and I almost spilled it on myself.  Finally, even after all of this and 20 hours of labor, the horrific constipation I developed was the worst part.  I felt like I had a pinecone shoved up my rear end.  It was horrible.  With baby #2 I took extensive constipation countermeasures, and I STILL got very constipated.  I think the epidural and just laying there did it to me.  Good grief.

The cervidil insertion was extremely painful.  Felt like they were shoving a razor blade up there.

• Las135Las135 member
    tortuga47 said:
    My traumatic part was they tripled my pitocin in such a short time my body went crazy. My contraction was never ending...as in, didn't ebb and flow. The nurses ran in to disconnect the machine because they thought my uterus would rupture. I had a horrible induction due to low amniotic fluid. All the other stuff didn't bother me, except for the foley bulb. Trying to go to the bathroom with that thing in was horrible. Not my most glamorous moments.
    I have some friends that used the foley bulb to get things started, I heard that it definitely isn't a pleasant experience. 

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Las135 said:
    tortuga47 said:
    My traumatic part was they tripled my pitocin in such a short time my body went crazy. My contraction was never ending...as in, didn't ebb and flow. The nurses ran in to disconnect the machine because they thought my uterus would rupture. I had a horrible induction due to low amniotic fluid. All the other stuff didn't bother me, except for the foley bulb. Trying to go to the bathroom with that thing in was horrible. Not my most glamorous moments.
    I have some friends that used the foley bulb to get things started, I heard that it definitely isn't a pleasant experience. 
    It was really uncomfortable and every time I went to the bathroom it just came down my leg because the bulb kind of "directed" it that way rather than the toilet. It just kind of hangs out you for 12 hrs. I would have preferred to be walking around to get contractions moving, but it made it really quite miserable. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

• kimx86kimx86 member
    I vaguely remember apologising for the "mess" as I was rushed into delivery but honestly I was so drowsy from the codeine I don't really remember what happened... probably for the best!
  • I stood up with the help of my H and my water broke. ALL over his shoes and socks.  He freaked out too! Thought it was so gross, I just started laughing.   He'd made fun of me before about over packing the hospital bag but he was sure glad i'd packed extra socks after that.
    ===============================
    Married ~ June 20th 2012
    Step Son N ~ Born September 2008
    Twin Girls S and J -  Born January 18th 2013
    Baby Boy L due - November 30th 2014
  • I had to have a c-section after 11.5 hours of labor b/c DS was big and apparently, my pelvis is small (this is news to me!).  During the c-section, I had a panic attack and thought I was suffocating.  I remember the nurse saying "if you are talking to me, then you are breathing.  You are ok." I didn't believe her and the anastesiologist had to give me anxiety drugs.  If there weren't pictures of my husband holding our son next to me, I wouldn't have any thing to remember his birth.  I remember getting some drugs and then I was in recovery .... everything in between is non-existant.
  • The dr dropped my placenta, stepped on it, and then I watched him wipe it off his shoes. YUM! :P
  • pavlovcat said:
    The dr dropped my placenta, stepped on it, and then I watched him wipe it off his shoes. YUM! :P
    You win the internet.
    ^^that.

• Somehow (nurse's error) I received a dose of pitocin in a minute that should have been distributed over the course of an hour. This caused a super contraction that put DS into distress and I started bleeding everywhere. They called a code blue (terrifying) and told me to get on my hand and knees with my butt in the air to go to the OR. Well, another lady was also in distress and our beds literally crashed into each other in the hall. The doctors began arguing over who's life was more in danger...the whole time my bare butt was in the air in the middle of the hospital. I've never been more terrified and embarrassed and annoyed in my life! Luckily my son and I survived so all is well.
  • My doctor breaking my water with what looked like a really long crochet hook! We all survived, and I have a handsome little boy which made it all worthwhile. 
  • I peed on my husband. Yeah ... whoops. They had just put my epidural in and I felt a big gush. It went all over H's shoes because he was standing right in front of me. We thought it was my water breaking. (Cue cheers from me and hubby). Later the doctor came in to check me and said "Oh, your water hasn't broken yet. Want me to do that for you!"

Hubby and I look at each other. Then ... the moment. When you realize that it wasn't your water breaking all over DH's shoes, but pee.

Yep. Good times. We laugh about it now. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • As the nurse was fixing me up I watched my mother and husband beam over my daughter. Then all of a sudden I farted really really loud in the nurses face. My mother and husband looked at me in horror laughing while the nurse didn't even flinch. I had an epidural so there was no telling that was going to happen or even if it was fart but it sure sounded like it.
  • uromysuromys member
    edited August 2014
    (don't mind me just lurking and felt the need to join in) @carteramariec‌ very similar story here minus the instant pitocin rush. I had low amniotic fluid with DD. Apparently with my doctors inability to read my chart she thought it would be a great idea to have them administer potosin right after she broke what little water I had. Mind you I was progressing just fine and sitting pretty at 6cm. My contractions started to become one right on top on eachother causing DD to go into distress. Within moments they had DH out of the delivery room and flooded it with about 8-10 surgeons and nicu nurses. There I was on all fours with two nurses rocking me and one inside me trying to rotate DD. It wasn't until twenty minutes later when I delivered her that I had the chance to sit back and reflect on the situation. Hands down the most awkward thing I've ever experienced.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• I lost my medical insurance my last 10 weeks of pregnancy and had to switch doctors, I seen a nurse practitioner for my remaining check ups but was set to travel 40 minutes to a different town to doctor I had never met so that he would deliver DD. Well, I went to the hospital for back contractions that I assumed that I would just be sent back home for only to discover that I had pre eclampsia, things went pretty quickly after that. The doctor come in an introduced himself like 10 minutes before it was time to push. When DD was crowning the doctor kept going on and on about how much hair she had, and then proceeded to put her hair into a Mohawk while she was peeping out of my vagina. I was so uncomfortable it was awkward and weird. This was my first guy doctor and I had LITERALLY only known him for 10 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • tennischcktennischck member
    edited November 2014
    Hey all! Trying to help my daughter win a Halloween contest. Please click the link and like her picture for your vote. Thank you so much {edited by mod}
  • The nurse hit a gusher while putting in my iv. Blood was everywhere including the ceiling. My husband nearly fainted then.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"