January 2014 Moms
Options

6 Month Party!?

Are any if you mommies doing or have done a 6 month celebration for your baby? I feel like this us such a milestone!!

Re: 6 Month Party!?

• Options
    Nope, but with that said, my bday is 5 days after her turning 6 months, so whatever I do for my bday, sure I will mention it. It seems every time I see family or friends, they have something for Abby, so no need to make this month any different.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope we won't be celebrating his 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. I've never heard of this being done.

• Options
    Well, no party, but we are getting professional photos taken!
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    No party but I'm doing pics. 6 month ones with DS were my favorite!

• Options
    No party but will be doing her first professional photos since she was a NB.
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    Lena122 said:
    No party but will be doing her first professional photos since she was a NB.
    This.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    last14reallast14real member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to go with all the previous posts about a big NO on the party, who has time for that? Between work, family events, weddings, baby showers, real bday party's, fishing, swimming and fourth of july we are pretty maxed out on what we can squeeze into our summer weekends. I could see doing pictures like many suggested or maybe just a little week night celebration with your little family if you want. That being said our DD isn't having sugar this early so I don't really know what you would give her/do to celebrate. 

Edit: Also STM here, so maybe it would be a bigger deal for the FTM's. If you want to celebrate it, that's awesome have fun!! Just for me personally don't have the time or desire to throw more onto our plates right now:)
  • Options
  • Options
    Negative. But we are having photos done.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    No party, too much work, ha ha!! Just getting 6 month pictures done!!
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I take a few photos of her every month on the 27th in a specific outfit. So I will be doing that again but that's it!

• Options
    We are gonna have a BBQ with SO's family. It's nothing fancy. Just a get together with couple of beers and steak.
  • Options
    SS here. My husbands family celebrate name days where they are from. It's almost like another birthday. Cake gifts etc. just on a smaller scale. Our daughters falls on June 22nd, the day before her half birthday. We had planned to do a BBQ for our family & friends as a way of saying thanks for all their support so far. Alas MH got sick and we had to cancel it. My SIL had ordered a cake as a surprise and delivered it the next day.
    With DD b day being so close to Christmas we'll prob make a bigger deal out of her name day in the future and just a v small b day party. MH was born feb 29th so that's what they did for him.
    Cake was delicious ;)
  • Options
    ccip82 said:

Yes we are inviting about 125 of our closest friends. We will have pony rides, a vagician, and a bacon bar. I'm counting on getting enough gifts so I Do not have to buy Christmas presents this year.

May I ask where I can find a Vagician for my DD's first birthday party??? Bahaha =))
  • Options
    Ain't nobody got time for that. Or at least I don't.
  • Options
    No party, though I would love to have a cake just so I could indulge! I love cake but that won't be happening I'm sure. I plan to do my own photo shoot, I've been pinning ideas like crazy.
  • Options
    Definitely not. As it is they don't remember the first birthday.

• Options
    @mrspadfoot‌
    No he's Slovakian.
  • Options
    No, I didn't even know that was a thing.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    I can't take credit for the word...I stole vagician from a YouTube video I saw recently... it's one of my new favourite words.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"