Infertility

Did anyone else not respong to Gonal F while doing IVF?

Hello there,

I am new here.   We are right now in the middle of an IVF cycle.  We tried our first IVF cycle in April using Clomid.  My ovaries didn't respond at all to that drug so we were switched to 400iu Gonal F injections this time. I went in for my follicle study on Saturday and once again my ovaries are ignoring it.  I have 6 follicles in my right and 5 in my left but they are the same size as they were at my baseline ultrasound.  Our doctor has increased my dose to 450iu, adding in 0.1ml hcg injection.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?   Did it just take you longer to respond to the hormones?  Did you eventually respond?  Am I a lost cause?   uggghh.... :(

ME: 37, DH: 40
TTC since September, 2005 (8 yrs and 9 mos - but who's counting)

Dx: PCOS, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis  
Tried to conceive naturally on just clomid off and on for several years.
IVF #1:  4-24-2014:  Started an IVF Cycle on Clomid, my body didn't respond so it was cancelled.
IVF #2:  7-11-2014:  BFFN :( 

Our RE believes I have an Immune Disorder that destroys my eggs and our embryos.

We decided against any more testing or procedures with Infertility and are Happily waiting to Adopt our little one. 

You can visit our Family and Adoption Blog here.

Re: Did anyone else not respong to Gonal F while doing IVF?

• denbkdenbk member
    Thank you!  Can you tell me how many days you were on it, before your Follicles began to grow?  I go back in tomorrow for another Follicle Study and am so Nervous. 

IVF #1:  4-24-2014:  Started an IVF Cycle on Clomid, my body didn't respond so it was cancelled.

Our RE believes I have an Immune Disorder that destroys my eggs and our embryos.

We decided against any more testing or procedures with Infertility and are Happily waiting to Adopt our little one. 

• Hi there! I'm a very poor responder and stim anywhere from 12-15 days each time at a very high dose of meds. It all depends. Wishing you lots of luck.
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Loading the player...
  • No advice just wanted to send your follies some good growing vibes!
    Married 8/6/2011 Me (26) DH (33) SA normal,HSG clear TTC since August 2011 7/2012 50mg Clomid+Trigger+IUI+progesterone =BFN 8/2012 100mg Clomid+estrogen+Trigger+IUI+progestrone=BFN 10/2012 100mg clomid+Gonal+Lupron+Trigger+Progestrone+IUI=BFP but ectopic.
  • denbkdenbk member

Thank you so much Ladies!   I just got back from my appt. and it is FINALLY WORKING!!!  Oh wow, such a relief.   After our cancelled IVF in April, I have been so stressed about this.   My largest Follicle was 13 and the rest were 7's, 8's, 9's and an 11.   Right now it looks like there are about 10 doing their thing.  Of course my left ovary is slower but it is my problem ovary so I expected it. 

He said I am close to what he is used to seeing on Day 9 so we should be good.  I go back in on Friday for another scan. 

I wish you LOT'S of luck and hope that all of your dreams come true this year :) 

• Glad to see that things are looking better for you. During an IUI cycle, I had some slow growing follicles and I laid on my bed with my legs against the wall to help get blood flowing down there, I also drank milk and went to acupuncture and 3 days later they were all perfect for trigger. I am not sure if that truly helped, but if definitely didnt hurt. Best of luck to you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"