July 2013 Moms

Mushy Forehead

Hi J13! It's been a crazy weekend of packing and moving into the ILs!

Riley's forhead seems a little mushy sometimes. Like it feels as if there's fluid under there, this is mostly from her eye brows up to her scalp (though it's not all mushy). Dr. Google says this may be sinuses. Any other Mama's experience this? Call the pedi? She hasn't had any big spills other than the usual bumps from playing with her toys and learning to walk.

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mushy Forehead

• Mamasighs said:
    I have never noticed this. If it comes and goes it probably is sinus inflammation.
    It does come and go. SO maybe this is sinuses.
  • Aren't the sinuses within the skull bones? I'm not sure how sinuses can cause fluid buildup on top of the bone. I would probably call your doc 'just in case'. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I called the pediatrician and the medical advice line seemed really, really not worried. Which I thought was weird!

They said it could be sinuses and to keep her hydrated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Mamasighs said:
    Aren't the sinuses within the skull bones? I'm not sure how sinuses can cause fluid buildup on top of the bone. I would probably call your doc 'just in case'. :)
    Yes. But have you ever noticed during a sinus infection or allergy season your eyes and face look puffy? Same principle.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Oh, so that totally worked.

Above blank reply was just that I had never had that happen to me because I don't have allergies.  ;)

The only sinus infection I've had just made my teeth hurt.  ;)

You learn a new thing every day.  :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Mamasighs said:

Oh, so that totally worked.

Above blank reply was just that I had never had that happen to me because I don't have allergies.  ;)

The only sinus infection I've had just made my teeth hurt.  ;)

You learn a new thing every day.  :)

Oh wow! You are a lucky duck! Or at least blessed with excellent sinus passages. :)
    I spent my entire childhood not being able to breathe through my nose and had my adenoids finally removed when I was 18.... So that kinda makes up for it. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"