Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sleep Schedule Advice

My LO is 4 months old. His usual wake time can be anywhere between 5:00am and 6:00am. If he wakes really early (5:00am to 5:30am), I try to get him back to sleep at least for 30 minutes or so. When he wakes up, I go into his room and turn the lights on and talk to him for a few minutes. He smiles and moves around like he is wide awake but he gets fussy pretty quickly after he's eaten. Could this mean that he is still tired?

Should I try treating this feeding as a dream feed in his room and then put him back down to sleep and see how long he will go? His wake up time is all over the place. No two days are the same. Is there any way that I can try to get him to be more consistent with his wake up time? Is it okay that he wakes up at different times each day at this age or should I be trying to sleep train him? When do babies normally start being a little more consistent with their schedules?

Re: Sleep Schedule Advice

• Options
    I also meant to ask...if he does wake up really early, should I go in and feed him right away or give him a few minutes to see if he will go back to sleep on his own?
  • Options
    Don't know if this helps but I read that baby's first nap could be as soon as 45 minutes after they wake up for the day. So maybe he could be ready to snooze again?  My 4mo went thru this from about 10 wks to 14 wks, where she would wake around 5:30-6am, eat, fresh diaper, a little playtime, then first nap around 7:00am. Doesn't need it that quickly anymore, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some mornings DS goes right back to sleep after his 1st feeding. I would say if you don't need to get him up and out the door to DC put him back to bed. Can't hurt to try. Ds1 was like the he would start his day after his 9am feeding. Wish he would sleep that late now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    how many hours is he sleeping at night? Can you post a schedule, perhaps I can help:)
  • Options
    aditigirl said:
    how many hours is he sleeping at night? Can you post a schedule, perhaps I can help:)
    Wow, are you like a sleep expert or something!?
    She thinks she is. She offers services that you pay for.
  • Options
    aditigirl said:
    aditigirl said:
    Wow, are you like a sleep expert or something!?
    She thinks she is. She offers services that you pay for.
    I know I was just being sarcastic.

:P
  • Options
    Mondays and Wednesdays when my hubby stays home and telecommutes, I put LO back in his crib after his 6am feeding and he usually goes back to sleep. The rest of the work week, I just keep him up so when 9 rolls around he'll nap first thing in daycare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"