Trouble TTC

mini-rant

Ugh. Weirdest morning at the RE's office today. They didn't have me down for day 3 testing and kept telling me I was supposed to be coming in tomorrow. Finally, we got that sorted out. Then, I was having my blood drawn, and I noticed that the tech was filling two tubes instead of one. I asked what the other one was for, and the tech told me it was for my genetic testing. I said I wasn't having genetic testing, and then she showed me the requisition form with my name and my doctor's signature. Huh. So I went and cornered my nurse afterwards and asked her, and she said oh yeah, that's because you're starting IVF, it takes 6-8 weeks. WTF? Why am I finding out about presumably important testing after the fact? Why did no one explain this to me in advance and give me a chance to ask questions (and give consent?!). I scheduled an appointment with the head nurse to get more information, and she explained I was having karyotype testing, which my RE orders for all her IVF patients. Nothing about this was mentioned in my IVF consult a few weeks ago. I would have had some questions!

Has anyone else had karyotype testing done? I understand the testing comes back normal for most people... but I have no idea what would happen if the results were abnormal.

I have a feeling today's not going to be a good day. I need to restrain myself from doing too much Googling.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: mini-rant

• Oh, and adding to the fun, I have cysts on both ovaries from the Clomid last cycle, so I may not even be able to go ahead with this cycle. Not that a forced break would be such a bad thing, frankly.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

• I am sorry about the rough day you had at your RE's office! I just posted a thread about my REs not communicating with each other and it's so frustrating! 

I do think that you should have to consent to the genetic testing but I am not sure about the rules regarding it. I hope you are able to get it all sorted out soon.
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry about all that stress! No advice about the testing. Not cool for them to leave you in the dark. 

I hope the timing works out to be just what you need, whether it's a break for cysts or not. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I know how you feel with not wanting to search the web, I get anxiety it I read too much stuff like that.

I did look it up on WebMd for you and basically its to help determine risks of inherited genetic conditions like Down Syndrome (ect.)  It suggests talking to a genetic counselor about any results. 

Sounds like your RE is just making sure everything is on the table before you are on theirs ;)

(If you already knew this I am sorry for being on repeat.)
    Me 36 Hypothyroid DH 35 Low T, treatment Clomid
    NTNP 1/2013
    SA Results: nothing to count...
    MFI RE 2/14/2014 Rx Clomid
    TTC 4/26/2014
    6/25/2014 DH Low T 132 Switched to Chorionic Gonadotropin hCG injections 2x wk
    7/15/2014 DH Testosterone check 607!
    8/15/2014 DH new SA 1 MILLION!!!!!!
    11/20/2014 DH new SA 2 Million
    DH continues treatment while moving towards Foster to Adopt

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • They asked me on my first visit to do genetic testing, I didn't want it, the nurse looked shocked when I said no.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Yikes! I'm sorry about that, I would have been upset about it also. I can't offer any info about the testing but wanted to wish you good luck! :)

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• I would definitely expect them to inform me Of something like this ahead of time. Sorry and I agree googling can be dangerous :)
    TTC #2 since 2011 (took 1.5 years to conceive spontaneously after multiple failed clomid cycles and 1 failed clomid +IUI)
    Me- PCOS, borderline hypothyroid
    Him- low concentration/count

Feb 2014- started acupuncture
    Feb 2014- BFP
    March 2014- m/c @ 5 weeks
    May 2014- HSG, all clear, started Synthroid, Femara 5mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN
    Waiting for new RE appointment end of July 2014

• Thanks for the support everyone! At least I know I wasn't being unreasonable in my reaction. Hopefully the tests come back normal and I won't have anything to worry about.

Also, I finally have a picture in my signature! This took me a really embarrassing amount of time to figure out :).

• Tiko99Tiko99 member

I totally feel your frustration. I wasn't feeling well two years ago and I was gaining weight for no reason so I went to the doctor (regular, not fertility related) and he gave me paperwork to get my blood drawn and I saw HIV on the list and freaked out because I always thought you had to give consent to have an HIV test and all I could think about was "why does my doctor think I have HIV??" so anyway, I hate it when doctors just go about their business ordering tests here and there and don't give you the full details.

We had to have an infectious disease test prior to having an IUI, but I'm not sure if it's the same as an IVF blood panel. Some genetic testing was included including cystic fibrosis and a TON of autoimmune disease tests.

I would def ask for clarification and ask that things like this need to be brought up in a prior discussion. Ughhh doctors can be so annoying. Good luck with everything!

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"