March 2015 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Do it right hurrrrr.

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm looking for work right now, which really sucks. I was pregnant last time I got a new position, and now, due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm looking again. I spent a lot of time last week going through two rounds of interviews and a demo lesson (and had to find sitters for all of it) and was told I'd hear back from them Thursday night, Friday or at the latest, Monday. I can't help but feel like I didn't get the job since I haven't heard from them, even though they said it could be Monday. I keep wondering why it would be Monday though. So, now I'm going to spend this whole day nervously waiting for a call or email that rejects me. 

ETA: I felt like it didn't sound like enough of a bitch. Fuck these people for making me wait it out! Wahhhh :'(
  • Options
    My husband has lucked out and has this entire week off because of post-mission, a golf tournament, and then the holiday.  And I'm just waiting on my nurse at the RE's office to call me so I can come in for my first beta.  I want her to call me already!!!!
    I hope you get that call soon! FX for awesome numbers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been in pain all weekend. Since my pH and hormones are wonky from being pregnant, I get the pleasure of having a UTI AND a yeast infection all at once. I can't have my Dr. call in a script until later today. I forgot how sucky it was to get these things...and I forgot how I constantly got them last pregnancy. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been in pain all weekend. Since my pH and hormones are wonky from being pregnant, I get the pleasure of having a UTI AND a yeast infection all at once. I can't have my Dr. call in a script until later today. I forgot how sucky it was to get these things...and I forgot how I constantly got them last pregnancy. 
    Well *that* is worth bitching about. Sorry :( UTI AND a yeast infection? Ughhh! Hope it clears up fast!
  • Options
    @FrecklesInside‌ I think companies always underestimate the amount of time it will take them to get clearance on hiring and offers put together. Don't sweat it yet.

My bitchfest is for my coworkers. Our office has preciously had mold issues and part of the mitigation for that requires that we run dehumidifiers and those passive aggressive fucks turn them off all the time because they are noisy and they are convinced that it makes it warmer in here. I don't care if you feel inconvenienced, you don't get to decide its ok for other people to be exposed to black mold. You can smell the f'in mildew when you walk in the door. It's disgusting.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Out stupid high tech smoke alarm went off last night at 1:30 and scared the shiz out of me. There was no smoke and then I couldn't fall back asleep until 3. Booooo!
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I woke up crazy early today to clean the whole house since I'm babysitting here all week. I'm deliriously tired despite getting like 9 hours of sleep.

Other than that life is great right now.
  • Options
    I discovered this weekend that the Bump (app and web-based) SUCKS on my Samsung Note. I could never get a response typed out! I bought the dumb thing to be a replacement laptop since I pretty much only watch Netflix and use the interwebs when I'm home, but this is ridiculous!
  • Options
    My husband has lucked out and has this entire week off because of post-mission, a golf tournament, and then the holiday.  And I'm just waiting on my nurse at the RE's office to call me so I can come in for my first beta.  I want her to call me already!!!!
    I hope you get that call soon! FX for awesome numbers.
    Just got the call so on my way to get blood drawn now. I'll have my first beta by the end of today!!!
    Yay! Be sure to update us.
  • Options
    wendyld said:
    @FrecklesInside‌ I think companies always underestimate the amount of time it will take them to get clearance on hiring and offers put together. Don't sweat it yet. My bitchfest is for my coworkers. Our office has preciously had mold issues and part of the mitigation for that requires that we run dehumidifiers and those passive aggressive fucks turn them off all the time because they are noisy and they are convinced that it makes it warmer in here. I don't care if you feel inconvenienced, you don't get to decide its ok for other people to be exposed to black mold. You can smell the f'in mildew when you walk in the door. It's disgusting.
    Well, that is disgusting. If they keep doing that, I'd lodge a complaint regarding the health codes they are breaking by doing so and regarding your personal health as well as the health of the baby you are carrying (obviously mention that one whenever you are ready to). There was mold in the first school I taught in and I was *always* sick in that school. People tried to say it was the nature of the job, the stress, the germy kids, but the next place I taught I didn't get sick nearly as often. I swear it was the damn mold.
  • Options
    wendyldwendyld member
    edited June 2014

wendyld said:

@FrecklesInside‌ I think companies always underestimate the amount of time it will take them to get clearance on hiring and offers put together. Don't sweat it yet.

My bitchfest is for my coworkers. Our office has preciously had mold issues and part of the mitigation for that requires that we run dehumidifiers and those passive aggressive fucks turn them off all the time because they are noisy and they are convinced that it makes it warmer in here. I don't care if you feel inconvenienced, you don't get to decide its ok for other people to be exposed to black mold. You can smell the f'in mildew when you walk in the door. It's disgusting.

Well, that is disgusting. If they keep doing that, I'd lodge a complaint regarding the health codes they are breaking by doing so and regarding your personal health as well as the health of the baby you are carrying (obviously mention that one whenever you are ready to). There was mold in the first school I taught in and I was *always* sick in that school. People tried to say it was the nature of the job, the stress, the germy kids, but the next place I taught I didn't get sick nearly as often. I swear it was the damn mold.

==================

I've been complaining a LOT. It's a military base and the base occupational safety office says that there is mold everywhere (like every building in the whole world) and they won't do anything more unless/until someone has a documented medical illness proven to be caused by a specific type of mold. By then it's too late, jackasses. And how do you prove that definitively?
    A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Well *that* is worth bitching about. Sorry :( UTI AND a yeast infection? Ughhh! Hope it clears up fast!
    Me too :( Normally I can catch the UTI before it becomes anything, but it looks like the yeast infection is fucking that up. I just ran to the store to pick up my prescription and like 3 different types of yeast infection relief. This is probably TMI but burning, itching and pain fucking sucks. And on top of that I'm feeling some morning sickness. Yay me! 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    wendyld said:
    @FrecklesInside‌ I think companies always underestimate the amount of time it will take them to get clearance on hiring and offers put together. Don't sweat it yet. My bitchfest is for my coworkers. Our office has preciously had mold issues and part of the mitigation for that requires that we run dehumidifiers and those passive aggressive fucks turn them off all the time because they are noisy and they are convinced that it makes it warmer in here. I don't care if you feel inconvenienced, you don't get to decide its ok for other people to be exposed to black mold. You can smell the f'in mildew when you walk in the door. It's disgusting.
    I'd be pissed too. WTF? Their problem solving to the mold issue is dehumidifiers? Find the source of the mold, and if it's infested with mold- rip it up, knock it down, etc., then make sure it doesn't happen again. It doesn't sound like a safe place to work. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options

@wendyld‌ Is anyone performing air monitoring or collecting air samples to check for the amount of mold spores in the air? Being as you are now pregnant, you might want to ask for that information to check the quality of the air. I work for the state at a college in facilities management and we take the presence of mold seriously. I would think a military base would as well.

No, they are refusing to test based on the bullshit claim that there is some amount of mold everywhere and no defined safe/unsafe limits. I've talked to our division commander and she says she's fighting on our behalf, but is getting no traction. I don't know how to go about fighting this.

They did do an abatement last summer (which has since been described as a 'cleaning'), but the area sat empty (without even the dehumidifiers) until March when we moved here.
    A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    4RingCircus4RingCircus member
    edited June 2014
    @FrecklesInside‌ I agree with @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ & @wendyld‌ I hope you get that call soon, GL! @beary+ghastly I hope you feel better soon! @katydid2014 GL & keep us updated please! @citybee that sucks! The worst part is that you trust family. Hopefully he gets his act together & fixes it soon. ====================================== What do I get for volunteering at VBC last week? A sick kid ( poor guy has a runny nose & cough) plus I have a sore throat & stuffy nose. Of course PGAL brain is freaking out about the virus affecting baby. ================ Stupid anti-format iPad!
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• Options
    Waiting for the call about my second beta sucks. I know I shouldn't be worried, because I don't have a history of loss and there is every reason to believe that this is a healthy pregnancy. And I know most women don't even GET betas unless they have a history, so I should just be grateful for the info, but waiting for the next number sucks. I'm all paranoid too, wondering if my symptoms are getting less pronounced, and if that means my number is going down...I keep poking my boobs to test their sensitivity and worrying that the very mild cramping I've been having should have been gone already.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to when I didn't even know what a CP was. 
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options
    This may be more of a wtf, but my FIL totally crashed my BIL's vacation. They have a house at the shore which is already full and had plans for the week, and my FIL decided to "surprise" them by showing up. I have never been so thankful we live too far away to just show up.
  • Options
    My daughter was sick with colds ALL winter this year from daycare, and got hand, foot and mouth disease twice (she still has scars a month later). It's summer break now but I wanted to take her once a week so she stays accustomed to it, plus she loves it there. Well, she went Friday and caught another freaking cold, and we're both sick now. Grrr.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really want to crawl back into bed and go back to sleep. My bitch is that I have to work all day today and there really is just no way around it. I'm so sleepy :(
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jjgrl55 said:
    Update: My level was 539, up from 91 on Thursday. So now my bitch is that I feel like an idiot for worrying about it at all!
    Yay! Congrats!
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @eurydicenymph and @lilly1606 : Thanks for the support, ladies! Now I'm going to go take a victory nap!
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options
    Sorry for bitch number 2 today. It didn't even occur to me that having a cavity filled might not be the best idea right now. I'll talk to my OB and reschedule for second tri or even post-baby. I am sitting in my dentist's waiting room feeling stupid and a little guilty for wasting his time. I have a cleaning scheduled after, so I'm just waiting around feeling silly.
  • Options
    YellowBag said:

Sorry for bitch number 2 today. It didn't even occur to me that having a cavity filled might not be the best idea right now. I'll talk to my OB and reschedule for second tri or even post-baby. I am sitting in my dentist's waiting room feeling stupid and a little guilty for wasting his time. I have a cleaning scheduled after, so I'm just waiting around feeling silly.

I had no idea. Did they say no?

A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options

I hate that everytime I start moving/working/cleaning the sweats come on right away and its not long before I can smell my own stink.  I'm not sure if it's that I'm smellier, my sense of smell is stronger, or both. 

• Options
    Also I can't seem to update my siggy.  I save it and all but no change.  WTF bump?
  • Options
    wendyld said:
    I had no idea. Did they say no?
    They recommended against it due to the anesthesia (which makes sense if you think about it). 
  • Options
    @YellowBag‌ yeah I read all dental work should be saved for 2nd tri if it must be done during pregnancy.
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    @YellowBag‌ yeah I read all dental work should be saved for 2nd tri if it must be done during pregnancy.
    Yup, but cleanings are fine (and recommended) since increased risk of gum disease comes along with pregnancy. 
  • Options
    YellowBag said:

janda426 said:

Yup, but cleanings are fine (and recommended) since increased risk of gum disease comes along with pregnancy. 

--end quote--

Yeah I read that too. Forgot to mention that part haha
  • Options
    I went in for my 3rd beta this morning and gave her my right arm this time because my left has been beat up in the past couple weeks with thyroid tests and hcg. And, OUCH! I know my right arm veins suck, but geez lady! Just took the bandage off and already have a huge bruise.
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Options
    jjgrl55 said:

Update: My level was 539, up from 91 on Thursday. So now my bitch is that I feel like an idiot for worrying about it at all!
    Yay!!!!

Wtf quote box?
  • Options
    cherylanddougcherylanddoug member
    edited June 2014
    @katydid2014
    Thanks!  I was doing it the "old" way on a totally different page.  sigh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"