July 2014 Moms
Options

PSA: Dollar General Diaper Sale / Price Match

Saw this posted on a mom group I follow and thought it might be helpful to someone! Dollar General has an ad out right now for $9.50 for a pack of pampers swaddlers any size. I think they only sell the small size, but since Walmart does price matching you can take the circular to them and get the jumbo pack for the same price!

The mom who posted had purchased three packs of 138 each for the $9.50! Maybe one of our coupon savvy moms has a way to sweeten the deal even more? I know there's a coupon on the pampers website... @tourqeyes‌ ?? @samounthak‌ ?? Here's the post, let me know if it works for anyone!image

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PSA: Dollar General Diaper Sale / Price Match

• Options
    Does anyone know of you have to print off the add for walmart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Their website says the ad is not necessary but I'd probably bring it just in case. I found it on the dollar general website under circulars!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guys, I'm a CSM for walmart and we do not honor this ad. Idk what store did this for her...but they shouldn't have. The bags are specifically pictured. So that is all that they should be matching. If you're lucky to get the deal, awesome! Looks like I'll be pissing off a lot of customers again though. (My store refused to do it, and I had customers try to complain to corporate. Fortunately, they backed me up)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    emineminememineminem member
    edited June 2014
    Ah yes, @AMcLaws‌ after I posted this I read the comments and saw that while one Walmart employee's store was honoring it, another wasn't, so I guess it will be kind of hit or miss...I've got to try it though!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Boooo that would be awesome if they honored it!! Always use a manufacturer coupon on top, I still think that is allowed with a price match.

• Options
    Does walmart not honor dollar general period?? Because the ad says all counts and sizes otherwise??? @AMcLaws‌

• Options
    The people on my target couponing group are having a field day with this one and fighting with one another. This is entertaining.

• Options
    Lol I was just going to say that if you can score this PM at Target, it'll be a better deal @tourqeyes . For every 2 boxes you buy, you get a $10 GC. Use MF coupons to lower your OOP. But of course, your store may vary (meaning they'll either decline or allow you to PM). 

imageimage

• Options
    Looking at the Dollar General ad, it DOES say ALL counts & sizes. They didn't know they messed up on that shit HA. 

imageimage

• Options
    If only you had a fb you could enjoy the target coupon drama with me.

• Options
    skr1619skr1619 member
    edited June 2014
    tourqeyes said:
    If only you had a fb you could enjoy the target coupon drama with me.
    Screenshot? heehee

imageimage

• Options
    tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited June 2014
    How many screen shots do you want?? Lol. This post goes on and on. Eta: I'll probably get in trouble for whatever reason so I'll take the screen shots down after you see them.

• Options
    tourqeyes said:

Does walmart not honor dollar general period?? Because the ad says all counts and sizes otherwise??? @AMcLaws‌

Wal marts policy is that we don't match discount stores. Last time we got an email from corporate regarding this ad, to make sure cashiers were not honoring it. Dollar general is tricky with their wording. The picture shows the bags, wording says any size. It's meant "any size bag/quantity", because obviously there's more size 2 diapers in a package than there is in a size 5 package.

Like I said, if ya'll want to try it, go for it! I can't and won't, because for me...it could be considered an ethics issue, and I need my job haha. :)
  • Options
    And as always, wal mart managers reserve the right to approve or decline any ad matches that come in the store. My particular store will ad match pretty much any grocery store. Some will only do the stores within so many miles of their location.
  • Options
    tourqeyes said:
    How many screen shots do you want?? Lol. This post goes on and on. Eta: I'll probably get in trouble for whatever reason so I'll take the screen shots down after you see them.

----

Fuck I'm stuck. Only the juicy tidbits lmao. 

imageimage

• Options
    So, is it working at target @tourqeyes‌?

image image
  • Options
    emy730emy730 member
    Will this work at Target? I'm not up on their price matching policies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BP607BP607 member
    I just scanned through the target price matching details on their website and it doesn't say specifically that they wouldn't honor this type of discount.  I'm sending DH to walmart to try to his luck and will keep everyone posted.  I'm going to be near a target this weekend so if anyone has any luck at target, please share!

• Options
    I don't need the diapers so I won't be trying this out. But it's been mixed -- some people are having no problems at targets. It really just depends on the cashier and front end management.

• Options
    BP607BP607 member
    DH got turned down at Walmart as well. He travels all over the state for work so I might have him try another Walmart but otherwise I'll hit target up if it seems like people are having luck there .
  • Options
    I just called all my local targets, and at the last store, she informed me they've been told by corporate to not honor the ad, except for the bags of diapers. (I live in the Phoenix metro area of AZ)
  • Options
    Strikeout at Target in Southeast Louisiana. Corporate got word and said they aren't honoring. I wasn't the first person who tried. Quite a few economy size pampers boxes were behind the customer service counter.
  • Options
    Same story At 5 I went to target and the customer support person at corporate told them they can't honor it. My walmart was sold out of all pamper swaddlers so I am guessing they did honor it and I misses it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SaraRL07 said:

Same story At 5 I went to target and the customer support person at corporate told them they can't honor it. My walmart was sold out of all pamper swaddlers so I am guessing they did honor it and I misses it

Sometimes walmart will pull product from the shelves to avoid the issue altogether.
  • Options
    I'm kind of glad to hear it's stopped working. I have CDs to use...we were just going to start out with sposies (have one big box on the way from amazon), but I don't want to get too used to them again :P

image image
  • Options
    edited July 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"