January 2015 Moms
Options

Husband not into intimacy!

I am 12 weeks today, and my husband and I haven't been intimate since we conceived. How bizarre is this? My hubby just told me he thinks it's weird and asked if it's normal to have sex while pregnant. I told him OF COURSE! Not that I am feeling terribly randy, with my breasts still as sore as ever- I just don't want to... You know... Lose that loving feeling for the next 6 months!

Re: Husband not into intimacy!

• Options
    Oh but pregnant sex is the best! Everything is so much more sensitive so it feels better and honestly, I feel closer to and even more in love with my husband when we get intimate because of the little being that we created together.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My H thought it was weird towards the end. But this early he doesn't have any qualms. I've of some men feeling like they are poking the baby. Which is so silly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh but pregnant sex is the best! Everything is so much more sensitive so it feels better and honestly, I feel closer to and even more in love with my husband when we get intimate because of the little being that we created together.
    This. Sex has been pretty amazeballs for us recently. Def don't go too long!
    +2.  sex was always good but now it's freaking mindblowing a lot of the time.  even the foreplay, which i never used to care for unless we kept it short.  (i know, i'm a weirdo. lol)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    DH isn't that into sex while I'm pregnant either. Even though I get the doctor to tell him over and over that it's ok, he feels weird about it. Sorry, OP, I can relate.
  • Options
    Before getting pregnant H always said that out would be weird to have sex while I was pregnant, and I was so scared that was going to be our reality. But I swear H's sex drive is way up now and he constantly wants it. It takes more to get me in the initial mood than before, but I agree with PPs that once I'm in the mood, everything about sex and foreplay is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have not had much sex since finding out... but if he makes advances, and doesnt then piss me off somehow- I always put out :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mmookimmooki member
    Dh wasn't into it last time and isn't this time either. Op, I feel your pain!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the opposite, lol! First trimester sex is a hell no for me. DH even giving me "the look" has me running the other way. Second trimester is a different story. During pregnancy #1, we didn't dtd much at all bc DH felt weird about it. Last pregnancy, we were on our normal schedule. I'm on pelvic rest this entire pregnancy though so... it's not gonna happen.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    It took me a while to get any sort of sex drive back, but I have it occasionally. Sex is definitely more sensual now and only hurts if DH goes too deep, which sucks cause that usually how I like it. We' re getting back into our groove though. And DH has no problem having pregnancy sex, I think he actually likes it more.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, so amazing! I think for me, it's also the fact that we don't need to worry about birth control... ie stopping to put a condom on. That used to be annoying... It's just so much better without a condom!!
  • Options
    smaccsmacc member
    Yeah... I just want to sleep, LOL!
  • Options
    I am so self-conscious about sex. We have it, but I'm constantly worried about looking "big". This is absolutely 100% mental -- I'm a smaller lady to begin with, and my husband is so not a part of the issue. But I've always had problems with healthy body image, and even though I'm usually able to tell myself to stfu, during sexy time, I constantly worry about not being attractive.

Ok. I said it. I'm so lame.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    J15 June Siggy Challenge - Fave TV Dad (Sandy Cohen)
    You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.

• Options

IDK how you ladies even want sex. I have no sex drive whatsoever :-/

This for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • Options
    My DH didn't think he would want to have sex with me the entire time, he was like won't that be weird? Now he is interested and I'm not. I'm hoping once I'm out of this all I want to do is sleep stage I'll want it again. I'm interested to see how mind blowing is :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited July 2014
    some people have a pregnancy fetish, some people are turned off by it, and most fall somewhere in between. My first DH already had a kid, and had had prego sex, so he was gung ho and ready to bang from day one. Second DH was a first timer, and thought it was weird at first and was totally all 'i can't soil you, pristine vessel of life-bearing beauty' which led to me ugly crying and then fucking some sense into him. (consensually.) It was definitely a bit insulting to get that reaction at first, but because I had been preg before with someone who was into it, I knew it wasn't *me* it was him. Honestly I'm not sure he ever got over it completely, but he at least puts on his best game face and makes sure I'm happy. lol
  • Options

My H thought it was weird towards the end. But this early he doesn't have any qualms.

This. H doesn't seem to mind in the first/second trimesters, but once he feels and sees the baby move it's harder for him to get into it. That didn't bother me much, though. Towards the end I didn't want it any way.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"