Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First time holding a baby since m/c

My friend has a 5 month old baby.  The other night we were over at their house for dinner.  She also has two other children (both toddlers) and has her hands full a lot.  She often will pass the baby off to whoever is closest when she needs to tend to the others.  We were talking before dinner and before I knew it she was handing the baby to me so she could go help one of the other ones.  I don't think she realized what she was doing and I didn't have time to think.  All I knew was I was holding the very thing I lost.  It was bittersweet.  Part of me wanted to bust into tears and the other part wanted to hold him close and smell his wonderful baby smell.  I opted for the second option.  For the past 4 weeks I've been aching to hold my little one and for a moment I was able to pretend this little baby was mine. Baby fever is worse than ever!!
I believe the majority of my gut wrenching grief is over and I'm moving in the the "acceptance phase" with the occasional denial or anger creeping in.  But there's a thought that pop into my head at least once a day, "why can't I still be pregnant" 
ho hum....
Hugs to all the ladies out there dealing with this messy thing called grief.

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
Married 8-10-13
TTC since February 2014
BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
6-6-14 natural m/c completed
10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First time holding a baby since m/c

• Options
    I am glad that you feel you are getting to a better place. It is a hard road.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I'm glad you got to enjoy a little baby. My best friend is due the same time as I would've been. I know that when her baby comes I will be there for her. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be but I'm glad that I still have four months to be ready for it.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It all happens for people in different timing. I'm still not there. I still float back and forth between denial anger depression and acceptance. It is tricky and there is no formula for it. Praying you find some peace soon

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"