May 2014 Moms
Options

Babies gas.

My LO has the worse gas. That's the only time she is fussy because she has a hard time pushing it out. She grunts and is uncomfortable all day long from this. We have switched formulas several times, am currently on Alimentum. We have tried gas drops and gripe water with no luck. Are your LOs having this problem? If so, what are you doing?

I want my baby to be happy and comfortable!

Re: Babies gas.

• Options
    When DS has to poop we sit him on our thighs, with his head at our knees (so legs bent) - so he's basically sitting up with his legs on our stomach ... few minutes later were in business!
  • Options
    Bicycle legs help our guy a ton along with burping every ounce or so. I saw a couple of gals talking about the Windi although I haven't used it so no real comment on it. Gas sucks sorry you are dealing with an awful case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was having this issue before switching formulas, we would push his knees into his belly to help move the gas bubbles around. We also did the bicycle exercise with his legs. Also my LO sometimes has a hard time pooping and my pedi suggested we give him an ounce of water to help move things along.
  • Options
    My LO is the same way, poor little dude just screams and his belly is so hard. We've done gas drops, bicycle legs, warm compress on belly, and the doctor has me giving him prune juice twice a day. 

Not only does he have terrible gas but is terribly constipated to the point of pooping letter pellets. 

We've transitioned him to sensitive formula, but unsure of what the doctor will say tomorrow. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

When DS has to poop we sit him on our thighs, with his head at our knees (so legs bent) - so he's basically sitting up with his legs on our stomach ... few minutes later were in business!

This exactly! Got two good poops in this position today.
  • Options
    @jsaffer01‌ , what formula are you on right now?
  • Options
    @jjones59‌ , we have been on regular, sensitive, Nutramigen and now Alimentum. No relief. My LO gets constipated a lot too and I was told to give her pear juice to help. But I hate doing that, just wish I could find something that works! I am thinking of changing to Gerber Good Start Soothe. I've read online a lot of people have better luck with that rather than Similac or Enfamil brands.
  • Options
    I give LO tummy massages which seems to help stuff pass.
  • Options
    This is going to sound crazy but a girl I went to HS posted on Facebook a massage routine for babies saying it really worked so we tried it one day when LO was really constipated. We have done it a handful of other times and she really does poop afterwards. (I feel crazy just telling you this) You stroke LO tummy top to bottom 15 times, bend their knees towards tummy for 15 seconds, rub belly clockwise 15 times, and lastly repeat bend knees to tummy 15 seconds. You can flame me now if you'd like.
  • Options
    PattyTC said:

This is going to sound crazy but a girl I went to HS posted on Facebook a massage routine for babies saying it really worked so we tried it one day when LO was really constipated. We have done it a handful of other times and she really does poop afterwards. (I feel crazy just telling you this) You stroke LO tummy top to bottom 15 times, bend their knees towards tummy for 15 seconds, rub belly clockwise 15 times, and lastly repeat bend knees to tummy 15 seconds. You can flame me now if you'd like.

It doesn't sound crazy. Sometimes her knees to her chest work. But not often, I will try anything!
  • Options
    @PattyTC I found that routine online and it works sometimes for my LO. No worries!

My LO is EBF and I've eliminated my diet down to nothing practically and he still has bad gas. He's on Levsin and it helps sometimes. I think it's just their immature tummies but it's so heart breaking to go through.
  • Options
    JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    He's EBF and dealing with the worst gas also! We've tried gas drops, colic calm, knees to the chest, tummy time, Etc but he just has the hardest time. We go to the doc next week and I'm going to ask!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    Doctor has us switching to soy and prune juice still .5 to 1 oz per day. Today is day 4 of the prune juice regimen and he's not done bad. 

Unsure if I'll go to soy or if I'll stay on the sensitive formula. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"